Thailand is known for its world-renowned spas and skilled spa therapists and, luckily for you, Chiang Mai is home to some of the best spas in the country! If you are in need of some pampering, look no further than our list of the 10 best spas in Chiang Mai, many of which offer unique Lanna twists.
Dheva Spa and Wellness Centre
The Dheva Spa and Wellness Centre at the breathtakingly beautiful Dhara Dhevi resort is second to none. The spa is located in an architecturally stunning traditional Lanna style building, which includes intricate hand-carved sidings. The Dheva Spa and Wellness Centre focuses on holistic treatments with an Ayurvedic specialist on site as well as meditation, yoga and more. Luxurious treatments are available and it is recommended to give the ‘Lanna Ceremony’ a try, which includes a steam bath, scrub and four (yes, you read that right!) types of massages to leave you feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Fah Lanna has two locations in Chiang Mai, one in the Night Bazaar and one in the Old City. Fah Lanna is modern and luxurious, providing a tranquil sanctuary right in the centre of the city. Bamboo and wooden walkways are suspended over water lily ponds with Lanna accents dotted throughout. Fah Lanna offers five-star services, however, their prices are reasonable.
Cheeva Spa has won numerous awards for excellence and remains one of Chiang Mai’s favourite spas. A range of treatments and packages are on their delightful menu including Coconut Honey Scrub or the Cheeva Detox Package. Cheeva Spa has two locations in Chiang Mai, both in the north of the city.
Lila Thai Massage
Lila Thai Massage is not a luxury spa but makes our list as many former inmates from the Women Correctional Institute start their careers here after being released. Not only are you receiving a relaxing massage, you are also supporting woman reentering the workforce. Lila Thai Massage offers a full spa menu and is ideal for those in need of some pampering after travelling on a budget.
Nakara Spa is set on the Ping River in a beautiful colonial style house and is part of the Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel & Spa. The Nakara Spa menu is heavenly, offering facials, body wraps, body scrubs and massages. Aromatherapy and Ayurvedic treatments are also available.
Kiyora Spa is a warm and welcoming spa with delicious treatments like Chocolate Body Scrub, Thai Yoga Massage, aromatherapy and more! Prices are reasonable and they often advertise two-for-one discounts on their website.
Rarinjinda Wellness Spa
Located near the Ping River, the Rarinjinda Wellness Spa offers traditional Thai and oil massages, detox sauna or steam, hot herbal compresses and invigorating body scrubs. Spa packages are also available and are delightfully named, for example, the five-hour long ‘Golden Memories’ which includes the Guava Foot Polisher, Siamese Herbal Steam, body mask, Jacuzzi therapy and a Shirodhara Treatment.
Oasis Spa has four locations in Chiang Mai, a couple in other cities in Thailand and is opening branches in China too. Oasis Spa offers well-trained therapists in a beautiful tropical setting. All spas offer an extensive menu of facials, wraps, scrubs, reflexology and a selection of truly amazing packages. The treatment rooms come with jacuzzis, outdoor showers and steam baths.
The Anantara Spa is located on the banks of the Ping River in a breathtakingly beautiful setting. The Anantara Resort’s spa offers a range of treatments including aromatherapy, Ayurvedic, and reflexology. No detail is overlooked and the skilled therapists whisk you on a magical pampering journey.
Green Bamboo Massage
Another budget-friendly option is the Green Bamboo Massage which has a commitment to sustainability and the environment. Green Bamboo Massage only use organic home-made products and source local materials and equipment from small, family-run businesses. Green Bamboo Massage specializes in traditional Thai treatments and is the ideal place to go for a Thai massage after a long day of sightseeing.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.