Last year was seemingly a rough year for everyone. As 2017 takes us by storm, we all could use a quick vacay before taking on all the resolutions we’ve set for ourselves. From first-class amenities to faultless views, here are the most luxurious resorts in Thailand to escape to in 2017.
Adventurers flock to Krabi to get their hands on the numerous climbing sites along Railay Beach. Others visit in order to explore its colorful night bazaar, visit the mangrove-filled national park, or go out in Krabi Town. Phulay Bay Resort just gave people one more reason to visit: pure luxury. Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, is located among the limestone cliffs that dominate the Andaman Sea near this particular province. The resort is accessible by land, air and sea, making it a great accommodation option for those travelers who want to park themselves in one place for the entirety of their stay. From a personal butler who assists guests for the entirety of their stay, to the traditional Thai ceremony that greets guests upon arrival, Phulay Bay Resort is sure to impress even the most discerning. The villas are nothing less than extraordinary: each one is equipped with large indoor baths, private plunge pools, and walk-in wardrobes. The resort itself is overflowing with amenities worth checking out as well, including an infinity pool, spa, yoga center, and more.
The island of Koh Yao Noi sits between its two larger and more popular counterparts, Krabi and Phuket. What this island lacks in size and overall development, however, it makes up for in beauty and seclusion, with fewer tourists and an overall more peaceful vibe. It is here visitors will find Six Senses Yao Noi. The resort is equipped with 10 different types of villas, each more luxurious than the next. If the suites are not facing the Phang Nga Bay they are instead facing the rubber trees that are found throughout the island. From private bars to personal infinity pools, the rooms at Six Senses Yao Noi do not get much more secluded than this. Each villa is elevated with shrubbery in-between, offering guests ultimate solitude.
Many who visit Koh Kood swear that it is the most beautiful island in Thailand. Located in the Gulf of Thailand, its most popular neighbor is the island of Koh Chang, but Koh Kood is certainly more quiet and just as stunning. It is here visitors will find Soneva Kiri Resort & Residences, the most luxurious accommodation option on the island. This resort has a number of experiences to keep guests busy, including a state-of-the-art observatory where the sky can be seen clearly without any obstruction from surrounding areas. If watching the night sky does not interest guests, they can instead enjoy one of the classic films shown at Cinema Paradiso, where movies are played nightly in an open-air theater surrounded by lush greenery. Soneva Kiri has a number of different villas to choose from, equipped with everything from private swimming pools to fitness rooms.
About an hour’s boat ride from Krabi or Phuket will have visitors arriving on the stunning island of Koh Phi Phi. Phi Phi Don attracts herds of tourists every year, and it is here they will find Zeavola Resort, one of the most luxurious resorts in the south of Thailand. It is located on the northeastern side of the island on Laem Tong Beach, providing guests with ultimate privacy as it can only be accessed only by boat. The villas and suites are made of striking teak wood, making the rooms feel rustic yet extremely luxurious. With over 50 rooms to choose from, guests will find no shortage of accommodation options. In addition to its stunning rooms, Zeavola Resort is equipped with top-notch luxury amenities. From its spa, which is tucked away in the surrounding jungle, to the two outstanding restaurants that serve both Thai and international cuisine, guests will never want to leave this exquisite resort.
We head from the Andaman Sea to the Gulf of Thailand as we make our way to the luxurious Vana Belle Resort on the island of Koh Samui. This five-star resort has a number of exceptional amenities, the most pristine being the beachfront infinity pool. The pool offers guests panoramic views of Chaweng Noi beach, with lounge chairs submerged in the water. Those guests feeling extra extravagant can utilize the resort’s Benz service and explore the island in complete leisure. In addition to these top-tier services, the resort is also equipped with a handful of delicious dining options, and guests even have the opportunity to book private candlelit dinners right on the water.
The south of Thailand is great for those looking for pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters to lounge in. Those looking for ultimate privacy, however, will want to head to the north of Thailand. It is here visitors will find Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai. This city, otherwise known as the northern capital of Thailand, is a thriving one, with bountiful excursions, restaurants, bars, and more. That being said, guests do not have to stray far from Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, as the resort is equipped with everything needed to be both entertained and comfortable throughout the entirety of their stay. The resort sits among some 60 acres of Thailand’s most stunning tropical grounds. The rooms draw from the Lanna culture that is so prominent in this region, with colonial-style architecture in each of the 123 comfortable sanctuaries to choose from.
Paresa Resort Phuket
Phuket is a top destination for almost all who visit Thailand. From its flowing waterfalls to outstanding beaches, the island certainly gives tourists a plethora of reasons to make their way down south. Paresa Resort Phuket just gave tourists one more reason. Resorts do not get much more luxurious than this, equipped with a number of top-notch hotel services and facilities. The resort has two different delicious restaurants to choose from; those wanting to try the most authentic and popular of Thai dishes should head to Talung Thai, which has a stunning wooden outdoor seating area overlooking the Andaman Sea. Those looking for something a bit more foreign might instead opt for Diavolo, Paresa Resort’s Mediterranean restaurant. In addition to its class cuisine, visitors can cool off in the outdoor infinity pool or lounge in one of the 49 amazing guestrooms.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.