Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and couples around the world are rehearsing their proposals and preparing to get down on one knee. Here, discover the 10 most romantic spots to propose to your loved one in Bangkok.
The city of Bangkok simply lights up after dark, with a number of dazzling temples, luxurious hotels, and more lining the peaceful Chao Phraya River. Visitors to Thailand can opt to get up-close and personal with all of these amazing sights on board one of the many dinner cruises available along the river. Most are equipped with some sort of live entertainment, the best food and drink for wining and dining, and an overall romantic atmosphere as couples cruise down the river. Some of the most popular dinner cruises in Bangkok include the Grand Pearl Luxury River Cruise & Dining Experience, Loy Nava Dinner Cruises, Chao Phraya Princess Cruise, and River Star Princess Cruise.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Standing at almost 200 feet tall, with 42 gondolas to choose from, the glittering Ferris wheel at Asiatique the Riverfront is a sight to behold. The Ferris wheel is an iconic landmark after dark, and the illuminated attraction can be seen from around the city as soon as the sun begins to set. Overlooking the Chao Phraya River, proposing from one of the gondolas as the Ferris wheel loops its repetitive, slow track would be one of the most romantic ways to do so in the city. A normal adult ticket to ride is ฿300, but hopeful grooms and brides-to-be might instead opt for a private (฿1,000 per two people) or VIP (฿1,500-2,000 for 2-5 people) gondola instead.
Valentine’s Day has long had a love affair with the color red. From roses to ensembles, the color red has almost always been a symbol of this romantic holiday. What better way to propose than at Red Sky then? This rooftop restaurant and bar sits 55 floors up at the Centara Grand in Bangkok, offering guests panoramic views of the seemingly never-ending capital. With red décor throughout, Red Sky is sure to create the most romantic of atmospheres for couples hoping to propose.
In addition to having some of the most sublime curries in town, Smooth Curry also serves up a romantic and noteworthy dining experience. The restaurant is located on the third level of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel, and it is impeccably decorated, equipped with spread-out seating providing diners with privacy even during a dinner rush. The dimly lit dining area certainly sets the mood for a dreamy evening while diners enjoy a good helping of traditional Thai cuisine.
What better way to pull off a sweet proposal than by proposing in one of the sweetest places in the city? Chocolate Ville is simply enchanting, equipped with a lighted gazebo, pastel-colored buildings and miniature windmills, and romantic lakeside dining. Despite its name, the small city is not overflowing with chocolate. Instead, it is bursting with charm and delicious Thai and Western cuisine, making it one noteworthy place to propose.
An enchanting combination of delicious food, excellent wine, and an atmosphere that can not be beaten are what husbands and wives to-be can expect at Sirocco. The word is out about this five-star restaurant, and it is recommended that those who wish to dine here make reservations at least a week ahead of time. With a long list of awards and the stunning Sky Bar just adjacent to its romantically lit staircase for a post-engagement celebration drink, there is no better place to propose than at Sirocco.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.