Dessert can cheer you up, relieve your stress and make your day a contented one. Bangalore is brimming with cafes and bakeries to please any sweet-loving palate. From lip-smacking red velvet cheesecakes and bite-sized tarts to ice-cream to chocolate treats, you’ll find everything here to make your mouth water. So, get ready to indulge at our picks for the best cafes and bakeries in Bangalore for dessert cravings.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Cafe, Ice Cream Parlour, Indian, Dessert, Pastries, $
Glen’s Bakehouse is a popular place for a hearty breakfast as well as desserts. The lip-smacking bite-sized red velvet, chocolate, banana and caramel cupcakes (just ten rupees each), cookies with vanilla ice-cream and chocolate sauce, plum puddings, marzipan meringue, Dundee cake and plum cake variants served here can make those with a sweet tooth weak at the knees. This dessert joint exudes an old-school ambience with a garden, small patio area and comfy wooden chairs.
Bakery, Cafe, Dessert, Coffee, $
Desserted is one of the most loved cafés/bakeries in Bangalore, and has become a cult favourite among college students. Some must-try desserts include tea cakes, mango cheesecakes and tarts, Oreo cream cake, cranberry almond Christmas cake and brownie éclair cake, to name a few. It’s a perfect spot for a date or if you are just looking to treat yourself.
Art of Delight
Cafe, Dessert, $
The sundaes and cheesecakes are among the menu’s favourites at Art of Delight, and the ice-creams are made in-house. There are some unique flavours, like Aztec hot chocolate with red chilli and cinnamon, and dark chocolate cranberry and ginger bread. Other popular desserts include chocolate hysteria, mango sorbet, Nutella cheesecake, and sundaes like caramel coffee sundae, mud pie, holly hazel plum cake and merry berry cheesecake. The artwork and paintings hanging on the walls of this café make it an elegant place to dine.
Bangalore Baking Company
Bakery, Cafe, Pastry Shop, Dessert, Pastries
If you are craving a mouthful of sweet treats, buttery puffs and a cup of masala chai, make your way over to the Bangalore Baking Company. Situated in the JW Marriott Hotel, the Bangalore Baking Company has a live cooking counter that produces pancakes and waffles, as well as a library on level one. They also serve fresh sandwiches, all made on the spot. Bangalore Baking Company is also known for its high-tea buffet that runs daily from 3-7pm.
Cafe, Ice Cream Parlour, Dessert, Ice Cream, $
This famous Bangalorean ice-cream parlour serves delectable ice-cream flavours that come with a wide range of toppings: a treat to the palate and the eyes. Some luscious creations here are Monkey Business — caramelized banana, two scoops of vanilla ice-cream, chocolate sauce and choc-chips served in a waffle — and the Santa Surprise — a concoction of brandy, snickers, chocolate and strawberry. The beauty here lies in not just the eating, but also watching the ice-cream being made on the cold stone board. The cold-stone ice-cream concept is new to Bangalore, but it’s really taking off. This place is a must-visit for ice-cream lovers who crave for something unusual and beyond the basic.
Cafe, Dessert Shop, Dessert, Italian, $$
Dolci is a small and arty café where you can enjoy espressos alongside your Oreo cheesecake, six-layered chocolate cake, brownies, and bite-sized tarts. Other gourmet delicacies include profiteroles and mini éclairs, but it’s not only about the sweets here: there are also excellent fresh breads and pizzas. The patio is great for dining al fresco and people-watching.
Bakery, Cafe, Deli, Pastry Shop, Dessert, Pastries, $
If you fancy a chocolate mousse, hot chocolate brownie fudge or hand-crafted chocolates, head over to Happy Endings. There are two branches, at Bellandur and Whitefield. From chocolate marquise to German chocolate cake to chocolate mousse and brownie fudge, anything you choose here is luscious. The white and dark chocolate marquise and Mississippi mud cake deserve a special mention for being served in tall shot glasses.
Bakery, Cafe, Pastry Shop, Dessert, Pastries, $
Come to Patisserie Nitash when you need a cake fix: chocolate fudge cake, tiramisu, walnut brownie, mousse and various kinds of cheesecake. Among its extensive dessert menu, the standout items are the Marjolaine and the Rhone Valley Cake (but the other items are also delectable!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.