Located on the old banks of the Sutlej River, Ludhiana is the largest city in the state of Punjab. It is also home to several cultural attractions that draw in large flocks of tourists from all over India. From ancient religious sites to unusual museums, here are some of the top places to see in Ludhiana.
Opening hours: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Opening hours: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Watch out for: the variety of chicken dishes
Rakh Bagh is a famous park in Ludhiana, and has been a favorite relaxation spot among locals for quite a few generations. The main attraction of Rakh Bagh lies in its popular mini train, which chugs along through the park and is especially beloved by children. This scenic, adorable joyride is a must if you’re visiting the park, and the timing is just right, too: while the train has been dormant for quite some time as the park underwent renovations, it will be making a welcome return this year to delight locals and travelers alike.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Opening hours: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Rakh Bagh, Ludhiana, Punjab +91 161 274 8412
Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon
The Gurudwara of Nanaksar Jagroan is situated 38 km outside the city center of Ludihana. This Gurudwara has an eventful history: it was famously featured in the memoirs of the revered Sikh Saint Baba Nand Singh Kaleranwale, and it’s also recognized as the place where the tenth Sikh guru, Guru Gobind Singh, fell during a massive war against the Mughals. There is also a pond within the premises of this shrine, perfect for a moment of quiet reflection. The most popular feature of this shrine is the annual festival held every year in August, which lasts for five days straight and attracts a large outpouring of devotees. This Gurudwara is rich with beauty and history, and you can learn a lot about the Sikh religion from your visit here.
Gurudwara Nanaksar Jagraon, Nanaksar Rd, Nanaksar, Punjab +91 99145 50639
Nehru Rose Garden
Established in 1967, Nehru Rose garden is easily one of the loveliest features of Ludhiana city, and an ideal setting for relaxing with family. Sprawling across a full 27 acres, it’s the largest rose garden in all of Asia and contains over 17,000 plants, representing some 1,600 varieties of roses. This garden is naturally the venue of the annual Rose Festival, a major event listed on the national calendar of fairs and festivals. The festival is one of the Ludhiana’s most-anticipated cultural events, and draws thousands of visitors to the city each year to admire the roses’ beauty.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.