Whether you’ve got a trip to Cambodia and are seeking some inspiration or have returned and want to stir those fond memories, there are a host of Instagrammers posting pictures that will get your travel juices flowing. Here are 11 Cambodian accounts to follow now.
This account is packed full of a colourful range of photos, showcasing some of the most stunning views Cambodia has to offer. Reposting the finest photos of the Kingdom, pictures take in unique shots of everything from the temples, beach and rugged mountains, to rural and river shots.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This is the Instagram account of Siem Reap travel guide, Siem Reap .net. The online portal celebrates all things Siem Reap through its website, with all photos posted on Instagram showcasing Temple Town’s beauty, from Angkor Wat and Kulen Mountain, to the sprawling countryside and some top hotel suggestions.
Throwing the spotlight on the best of Cambodia is the main aim of this account, which has an accompanying website and blog. If this dreamy collection of photos doesn’t leave you were wishing you were there, then we don’t know what will.
This account encourages visitors to tag their pictures with @cambodiavisit and reposts the best of the best. The result is a delightful selection of sumptuous images that take viewers on a colourful journey through the country.
This is another account that boasts a top portfolio of photos, throwing the spotlight on Cambodia’s natural beauty. From water buffalos wading in flooded paddies and monks strolling through the temples, to farmers working the land and life in floating villages, this Instagram account is full of inspiration.
As the country’s main NGO responsible for reviving and modernising the country’s art scene, Cambodian Living Arts’ account highlights some of the country’s top musicians, singers and entertainers, as well as the range of performances and workshops it holds across the country, from Apsara dancers and shadow puppet theatre, through to traditional music.
This is another account packed full of stunning images that, as the name suggests, is aimed at whetting tourists’ appetites for the bounty of beauty waiting to be explored in the Kingdom of Wonder.
Posting the best of the best, these alluring images will certainly make users want to book a tuk tuk tour with the owners. From turquoise waters, gushing waterfalls and dusty rural roads, to getting up close and personal to elephants, this account covers all corners of Cambodia.
Artisan Angkor is a social enterprise that breathes new life into Cambodian arts and crafts while offering training and employment to young Cambodians. Here, they show artisans at work and the beautiful fruits of their labour.
Long-term expat and founder of Move to Cambodia, Lina Goldberg, is a fountain of Cambodian knowledge and knows exactly what makes tourists tick – and her Instagram account is evidence of this. Covering quirky Cambodia, as well as everything that makes it special, anyone interested in the country needs to click the follow button.
Another long-term expat, Nathan Horton is a photographer tour guide who covers Southeast Asia. As a professional photographer, you can expect a stream of breathtaking images from the Kingdom and beyond.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.