Making connections: that’s the essence of touring in a small group. And where better to try it than Egypt? Experience ancient culture, mystical landscapes and the warm people – and weather – as you explore these eight attractions on your next small-group holiday.
You can now experience Egypt with Culture Trip as part of a small group of culturally curious travellers on our specially curated 10-day Egypt adventure, led by our local insider.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Founded by Alexander the Great in 331BCE, the port city of Alexandria is where you’ll find a treasure trove of antiquities, including the ruins of the famous lighthouse and library and the intact Kom el Shoqafa catacombs. The largest Roman burial site in Egypt is constructed on three subterranean levels; take the spiral staircase down to two accessible chambers, which are richly decorated with carvings and statues in Pharaonic and Greek styles, with coffin slots in the walls.
Imagine feeling the wind in your hair and hearing the sound of water swooshing past as you sail along the Nile in a traditional felucca. These Egyptian wooden sailing boats have been plying their trade on the world’s longest river for centuries. Kick back and relax as you take in the Nile villages along the shoreline, and enjoy scheduled stops for swimming and on-board dining. On Culture Trip’s exclusive small group Egypt tour, you can enjoy a cocktail party on a felucca at sunset – a truly unforgettable experience.
Located high up on the Giza Plateau 25km (15.5mi) from Central Cairo, the ancient Khafre, Khufu (Great) and Menkaure pyramids are immense. Climb up the narrow stairway to reach the majestic King’s Chamber in the Great Pyramid and revel at the enigmatic granite sarcophagus. The only remaining structure among the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, this pyramid will be the highlight of your group visit.
The temple complex of Philae was moved stone by stone from its original island to its current location on Agilkia Island after the flooding of Lake Nasser, and opened to the public in 1980. Take a 15-minute motorboat ride from Aswan and step back in time at this ancient site of pilgrimage and homage to the cult of Isis, the divine mother of Egypt’s pharaohs.
Located near the Sudanese border at the Nile’s Second Cataract (shallow, rocky stretches between Aswan and Khartoum), the colossal temples of Ramesses II and Queen Nefertari at Abu Simbel defy description. The pharaoh chose the site because it was a place of pilgrimage to Hathor, the Egyptian goddess of love and joy. Hewn from the mountainside, these magnificent monuments were moved to higher ground during the 1960s, after the creation of the Aswan Dam.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.