Here’s our latest look at some of the best trips we have on offer this month. We’re heading into October with Halloween on the horizon and leaves turning autumnal shades as they fall from the trees. Our selection will take you from cosy European destinations where you can huddle for warmth to exotic deserts full of ancient wonders.
Step back in time on this epic 10-day voyage of discovery through Egypt. After the unforgettable experience of exploring the Sphinx and Great Pyramid of Giza and browsing the stalls of the Khan Al-Khalili bazaar in the historic centre of Cairo, continue your journey south, first by sleeper train and then by luxury cruise ship on the Nile. Marvel at ancient temples, kayak on the river and sip cocktails on a felucca – a traditional Egyptian sailboat. Wrap up your trip in Aswan, where you’ll enjoy an authentic Nubian dinner on your final evening.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
We’re so excited about Egypt in October we’ve actually planned two departures just to make sure you can pick one that fits your schedule. Still not sure, how about planning even further ahead and checking out our 2024 dates?
Seductive Southern Italy
Go from the Amalfi Coast to the stone city James Bond recently visited on our seductive trip to Italy. There are so many highlights that its hard to narrow down exactly what to pick out, but a night in Matera, where 007 himself stayed in No Time to Die has to be on the list. If you’re a fan of Setjetting – the travel trend that has taken off this year – we highly recommend joining us on this trip. You’ll also get to savour the best of Puglian cuisine, take in the sheer chaos of Naples and admire Lecce’s historical centre. This is a great introduction to Italy for anyone who hasn’t been before but also a fantastic chance to reacquaint yourself with a unique part of the world.
One of our best-sellers take you on a tour of Southern Italy
If you’re looking for a trip that is both adventurous and culturally rich, look no further than this 12-day journey through Turkey. Cappadocia, Istanbul, and Antalya are three must-see destinations that will leave you feeling inspired. Our favourite stop here is Cappadocia, where there’s nothing quite like gliding over the stunning lunar-like landscape in a hot-air balloon and taking in the breathtaking views from above. You’ll also have the chance to explore the troglodyte dwellings that have been carved into the rocks and learn about the ancient civilizations that once lived there. That’s just one of the incredible place Turkey has to offer, and we will take you on an adventure where three continents collide.
Head from Istanbul to Antalya on this majestic trip for the ages
If you really want to get a taste of winter, then our Volcanic Iceland trip is perfect! October is one of the best months to see the northern lights as its still not too cold to go out at night yet prime season for appearances by aurora borealis. There’s plenty to do in the day too, from soaking in geothermal pools, sampling local delicacies and gawping in wonderment at the sheer brutal beauty of the landscape. Everyone who visits Iceland comes back wanting more, in fact its so good that i’ve already been 5 times and want to go back again!
We promise our Volcanic Iceland trip is going to have to planning a return as soon as you get back home
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.