- Post ID: 12
- View Payload
About your trip
With black volcanic beaches, snow-capped mountains and thundering waterfalls, Iceland needs to be seen to be believed. This five-day adventure trip will give you the opportunity to traverse glaciers, walk behind waterfalls, soak in natural hot springs and watch out for the Northern Lights. You’ll also get to explore the Golden Circle, with three of the most stunning sights in southwest Iceland, while foodies will enjoy trying geothermal baked bread and Arctic char. Not bad for a long weekend.
- Explore the waterfalls and mountains that inspired The Lord of the Rings
- Learn all about Reykjavik, on a morning walking tour of the city
- Discover the Golden Circle with its falls, geysers and glacial landscapes
- Munch on deliciously fresh bread baked using geothermal heat
- Hike the frozen glacial tongue of Sólheimajökull
- Take a dip in the famous Blue Lagoon
Welcome to Iceland! This happy nation, plonked near the top of the globe, makes for an arresting sight as you land, flying past volcanic and glacier-covered terrain. A short transfer to the capital, Reykjavik, from Keflavík International Airport (KEF) will allow you to decompress from your flight. Here you'll meet your fellow travellers at 6pm – as well as our local insider who will accompany your group throughout the trip. Tonight, you’ll start your adventure with a three-course dinner at Sæata Svinið – expect delights such as Icelandic beef or lamb, lobster and Arctic char, all washed down with local beer.
You’ll start your first full day in Iceland with a tour of its capital, before venturing out to the lesser-trodden Borgarfjörður region to visit the Barnafoss and Hraunfossar waterfalls. You’ll also have the chance to wander through the charming village of Reykholt, home of the great Icelandic saga writer Snorri Sturluson, and of Krauma Natural Geothermal Baths, where you’ll soak in warm water baths derived from Europe’s most powerful hot spring.
Today you’ll experience the three main highlights on the Golden Circle tour – Thingvellir National Park, the Geysir Geothermal Area and Gullfoss waterfall. We’ll start in Thingvellir, where the island’s geology is at its most epic, most notably when you can actually see the meeting point of two continental plates. En route to witness spouting geysers we’ll stop at the Geothermal Bakery Fontana to taste their extraordinary and delicious rye bread, made using the island’s natural heat. We’ll round off our tour at the thundering falls of Gullfoss, before kicking back at a magical, lesser-known geothermal lagoon. Settle in for the evening at our cosy, family-run boutique hotel in southern Iceland and, if you’re lucky, you may get to witness the Northern Lights, especially if you’re travelling in season.
A waterfall you can walk behind? Yup, it’s as cool as it sounds. But don't forget to pack your wet-weather gear when you're visiting Seljalandsfoss today. One more waterfall after this, Skógafoss, then you’ll head down to the black Reynisfjara beach and watch as it's pummelled by the Atlantic Ocean. To keep your adrenaline pumping, you’ll set out on a three-hour hike across the Sólheimajökull glacier. Warm up afterwards with a hot drink, snack and shot of whisky before returning to the hotel for a hearty farewell evening meal.
It’s nearly time to bid Iceland adieu. However, there’s one more stop before you make your way to the airport. The Blue Lagoon, a series of powder-blue geothermal pools surrounded by black lava fields, sits at an average temperature of 39C (102F); the silica in the water is said to have many skin benefits so be sure to bring your swimmers. Once you’re all bathed out, bid farewell to the group by 1pm and catch your transfer to Keflavík International Airport, a 15-minute drive away.
- Two nights boutique hotel accommodation
- Two nights stay at a family-owned country hotel
- Private and local transport, including return airport transfers to Keflavík International Airport (KEF)
- Four breakfasts, two dinners
- Local insider
- Reykjavik city tour
- Private Borgarfjordur tour
- Krauma Natural Geothermal Baths visit
- See Northern Lights (weather permitting)
- Private tour of Golden Circle
- Geothermal Bakery Fontana visit
- South coast waterfall and beach tour
- Glacier hike
- Blue Lagoon Comfort Package
What's Not Included
- Travel Insurance
- Flights to and from the destination
This trendy spot, found in the heart of Reykjavik's Old Harbor area, is one of the city's newest hotels. Sleek, modern design is given a warm glow thanks to wood accents and atmospheric lighting – a successful attempt to blur the lines between local life and a hotel stay. The highlight? We can't decide between the sauna, the street food restaurant or the glorious DEIG Bakery.
This family-owned horse farm, located between the Golden Circle and the south coast of Iceland near Hella. Expect snow-covered cabin-style rooms with expansive mountain views. Kick back in the on-site hot tub underneath the twinkling night sky.
Your safety and wellbeing are our top priority, so we’ve put the following measures in place on all our TRIPS:
- Our average group size is 10 people (max 18), which gives you all the security of being in a group whilst avoiding a crowd.
- Where possible, we use small/ boutique accommodation – this means fewer guests and reduced exposure to other travellers.
- We require all accommodation providers to share protocols around the extra health and hygiene measures they are taking.
- Included activities are exclusive to our group wherever possible, to minimise contact with others.
- Covid-19 negative test results or vaccine certificates may be required. Please check the entry requirements for the destination you are travelling to. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- You must be aged 25 years or over to join this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country you're travelling to. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify our Customer Support team as soon as possible.
- We won't charge you extra if you travel alone – you'll be allocated a twin room with another traveller of the same gender.
- To upgrade to a private room, share a room with a friend, or book pre- and post-trip accommodation and/or airport transfers, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Please be aware that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. While unlikely, these changes can happen due to circumstances beyond our control. We will always do our best to ensure minimal impact on your experience.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
- You need to have a driver’s licence from your home country in order to drive a snowmobile. Otherwise, you may still take part in the activity but you’ll need to ride pillion.
- PLEASE NOTE - FROM 2024 - THIS TRIP WILL NO INCLUDE THE SNOWMOBILE EXPERIENCE NOR THE 2 INCLUDED IN REYKJAVIK ON DAYS 2 AND 3.
The world of travel is changing – and that's why we’re offering flexible booking conditions, to take the stress out of booking in times of uncertainty.
You can get a full refund should you need to postpone or cancel your trip up to 56 days prior to departure.
Read our Booking Guarantee to find out more about how our Support Team can help you.
For the full details and cancellation charges, see our Booking Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.