Heading to the capital, Lima, on your way to Machu Picchu and the other unmissable sights of Peru? We say: stay in Miraflores, one of its finest areas, and be sure to book your bed via Culture Trip.
Trendy shopping, critically acclaimed ceviche restaurants and hip nightlife are all on the menu when you come to Miraflores. A slice of modernity in a country known for its traditional culture, the neighborhood is, for most, a welcome break from roughing it on the Inca trail or backpacking through the Cordillera Blanca. Get ready for some first-world comfort and some top-notch service with our list of the best hotels in Miraflores, Lima.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A luxurious take on ancient Incan architecture, Casa Andina presents its guests with the best of both worlds, old and new. Thanks to an on-site gym, jacuzzi, spa and restaurant, you don’t need to step outside at all – but you’d be daft not to. The location, right near lush Kennedy Park in the heart of Miraflores, puts you in the center of the action. There’s a range of rooms, but all share the same clean and simple good looks.
Housed in a 1940s-era mansion, Atemporal basks in a tranquil setting in a quiet Miraflores neighborhood of tree-lined streets and buzzy, local places to eat. It’s faintly evocative of an English home with its black-and-white half-timbered facade, and the rooms are stocked with creature comforts, including masses of books and art. The hotel can provide bicycles and even a private chauffeur to help you explore. And no matter if you get back late and famished, as a 24-hour menu is served here.
Once it was a lavish upper-class family home. Now the 1920s colonial mansion occupied by Hotel Antigua Miraflores is a deluxe bolthole of rooms and suites, right on Avenida Grau. The look is simple and elegant, all timber floors and original artworks, with antique furniture as well as all the modern amenities such as flat-screen televisions and air conditioning. Many of the rooms also have views looking out over the lush garden. Stay here for proximity to the Larcomar shopping center and the majestic Pacific Ocean.
Relaxing in the heated rooftop pool is a great way to end or begin the day at this modern, luxurious hotel just four blocks from the boardwalk. That’s just one of the unique amenities you’ll get to take advantage of during your stay. Located just blocks from the Miraflores boardwalk, Dazzler by Wyndham has an on-site gym, a swanky restaurant and a lounge bar specialising in Lima fare – don’t miss the creamy Peruvian pudding suspiro limeño. There’s also a massive breakfast buffet every morning, and 24-hour room service.
This spruce 44-room boutique hotel is part of Larco, a national chain that has properties in Cusco and Machu Picchu as well as the capital. The location, in the hectic heart of Miraflores, near Kennedy Park and the Larcomar shopping center, couldn’t be better; it’s handy for the beaches, too. Expert clean, comfortable functionality in the rooms, with plenty of space. A free breakfast is served every morning in the reception area. Ask for a Larco multi-city discount if you’re traveling around Peru.
Social butterflies flutter en masse to Selina Miraflores, a hip boutique hostel with its own lively bar and breakfast cafe. It’s also situated close to one of the top live-music venues in the area, Jazz Zone. Yoga and surf lessons are available daily, and the rooftop deck offers sweeping views of the Lima skyline and the Pacific Ocean. Rooms are bright, with walls in funky mint shades and multicolored cushions on sofas. If you’re on a budget, shared accommodations are also available.
INNSiDE is a hip lifestyle hotel brand from global accommodation giant Meliá. It’s aimed at young digital nomads who like to have access to a Negroni at all times. Hence the fashionable 352 Gastrobar, open from breakfast through to dinner, when Peruvian specialties are served. There’s also a fitness center and a cool rooftop pool overlooking the center of Miraflores, with a bar for drinks and snacks. Now pick your pad: the selection includes fitness rooms with elliptical bikes, a loft for families, a townhouse suite with a hydromassage tub and the INNSiDE Room, which is accessible for guests with reduced mobility. You’re in a great spot here, within close walking distance of all the dining and nightlife opportunities of Miraflores.
Looking for somewhere different to stay? Book into one of the best hotels in Lima, or one of the best hotels in Peru. There are plenty of reasons to visit Lima at least once in your life; and don’t miss all the quirky things to do while you’re here. For food advice, here’s our guide to eating ceviche like a local.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.