Bogotá’s street art is famous throughout the world: the city has produced some excellent street artists who continue to have their art commissioned all over the world. Bogotá’s street art is both beautiful and political – with some murals and artists creating very sensitive pieces to express their opinions. A trip isn’t complete without a tour of the street art in Bogotá, which shows artistic interpretations of the country’s history and current events. The following three street art tours are all unique and vary in locations and insight.
The Bogotá Graffiti Tour
The Bogotá Graffiti Tour was established by street artists and is still being run by them today: all the tour guides are street artists and experts in the city’s art culture. This walking tour takes place around the La Candelaria or Downtown district of Bogotá and starts from the Parque de Los Periodistas, every day between 10AM–12:30PM and again at 2PM until 4:30PM.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This tour aims to give individuals an insight into the different street artists who currently or have previously operated in Bogotá, as well as explaining the politics and stories behind individual art pieces. The Bogotá Graffiti tour doubles as a city tour, with the guides giving individuals useful tips for traveling around the city, nightlife guides, restaurant recommendations and answering any questions about the city.
The tour is funded entirely by donations – they ask for between COP20,000 and COP30,000 (around US$15 to US$20). The Bogotá Graffiti tour has solely English tour guides, but private tours in Spanish and German can be arranged. More information can be found on their website.
Capital Street Art Tour, Destino Bogota
Destino Bogotá’s Capital Street Art Tour is a unique tour of the city’s street art in a number of areas including La Candelaria, Avenida El Dorado and Galeria Visaje – which is a well known house taken over by street artists and turned into a gallery.
The tour starts in El Chorro de Quevedo, where individuals will discover the historic sights of Bogotá in addition to famous street art. From there the tour proceeds to Avenida El Dorado on a metro bus tour of the large murals around the city, and after the bus tour a walking tour begins again in the Teusaquillo neighborhood. The tour then concludes at the Galeria Visaje.
Destino Bogotá runs the tour in three different languages – English, Spanish and French – and the tour lasts for five hours from 8:30AM to 2PM. Drop off and pick up is included in the tour price, and this tour starts from COP375,000 (US$125). More information and booking can be found on Destino Bogotá’s website.
Bogotá Graffiti Bike Tour
The Bogotá Graffiti Bike Tour is a cycling tour of the street art around the historic district and neighborhoods close to Downtown Bogotá. This tour includes an exploration of the street art in the La Candelaria district and the neighborhoods surrounding this area, which gives you an insight into the political and social issues which have affected Bogotá’s lower class neighborhoods.
This tour takes place around the areas of La Candelaria, Bolívar Square, International Center and the English neighborhood, so enables you to discover the city’s famous art and murals while being part of a cycling tour of the well known city landmarks. The bike tour also includes a tour of a coffee factory and the chance to sample coffee in a short break from discovering the city.
Bogotá Graffiti Tour is available for COP40,000 (US$20), which includes bike and equipment hire. These tours are available Monday to Friday and are approximately three hours long. More information can be found at Bogotá Graffiti Bike Tour’s website.
Bogotá has a mixture of old and new street art from some highly reputable, world class street artists. More information can be found here about Bogotá’s graffiti and its significance to the city.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.