Santiago is a great place for LGBTQ+ nightlife, with loads of different parties hosted across clubs and venues in the city center. There are bear nights for the boys, lesbian nights for the girls, and everything in between for queer revelers and their friends to have an excellent night out in safe and vibrant places. Here are some of the top LGBTQ+ nights in Santiago.
Realidad Paralela (RP) is a weekly lesbian club night that rotates across different clubs in the city center. It has themes ranging from pop-heavy DJ sets to Brazilian-themed fiestas. Depending on the venue space, there are different rooms that blast top reggaeton hits, and others that play the best of today’s epic queer anthems. It is one of Latin America’s premier nights for the ladies, and aside from the occasional “Ladies Only” events, their guy friends are welcome to come along.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Usually Fridays, with additional club nights on bank holiday weekends. Location changes every week.
Campy and sparkling, Bal le Duc is a venue that hosts nights with classic gay icon themes: Madonna, George Michael, Morrissey and… Geri Halliwell? Well, everything goes in this open and friendly place, which a large outdoor patio and two dance areas. Bal le Duc also hosts vogue-ing night and drag queen competitions, and it’s a favorite for bears, queens and any group of friends who want to have a mischievous night out. Even Daniela Vega, known for her performance in Oscar-winner A Fantastic Woman, has been spotted a few times here.
Club Vita, while not exclusively gay, Club Vita can definitely be classified as queer. It’s a small, underground place for those who like alternative and quirky places. The music bill is solid here – you can discover some of Santiago’s stellar electronic producers, such as Kamila Govorčin and Elias Deepman, who play regular sets that showcase the work of their co-founded techno and house label, Panal Records. Club Vita also features shows from the likes of local queer legends such as Entropica and Sofia Oportot.
Blondie isn’t exclusively gay, but it is alternative. It’s a huge place that is loved by those who go there, and anyone who doesn’t like exclusive or scene-ster places will feel welcome here. You’ll find the odd mom who likes to dance to ’80s hits, the former emo-kid who is here for a Placebo night, the indie kid playing air guitar to The Strokes, and the ’90s girl who is kicking it to the Spice Girls. All types of people can be found here at Blondie. Blondie also hosts the best Halloween party in town, OpenBlondie, taking over a huge space in Santiago with bands, DJs, indoor and outdoor stages and everyone dressed in crazy costumes.
Lemon Lab produces some of the biggest gay nights in town. Any type of gay-friendly event worth celebrating, you bet Lemon Lab will have a venue and massive party booked for it. Lemon Lab hosts shows featuring the best local and foreign drag stars, singers and gay icons – mostly aimed to men, but ladies can also take part in the fun. Depending on the event, entrance prices can be costly, but arrive early to enjoy open bar promotions and discounts.
Illuminati is Santiago’s classic club for LGBTQ+ nightlife – if you just want to party in a warm, friendly, inexpensive place, then come here. In the heart of Santiago’s party district, Bellavista, it’s a great place to go after an impromptu night out with friends. Come for an unpretentious night of fun to a soundtrack of classic pop hits and a bit of a local Chilean touch mixed into the playlist. There’s free entrance until 12:45am, so come before then and spend that cash instead on the 2×1 piscolas!
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.