The Fijian archipelago is a place of blissful serenity where most visitors naturally choose to spend long days on pearly-white beaches, soaking up the views and pure island air. A famously gregarious and cheerful lot, the Fijians enjoy a vibrant nightlife scene with a variety of venues scattered across the islands. Here’s our guide to some of the best.
For a completely unique experience, take a boat out to Cloud 9 – a floating, open-aired platform that sits atop the kaleidoscopic Ro Ro Reef. Its chic design incorporates a straw-roof cabana, couches, and cream-hued canopies as well as a fully-stocked bar and wonderful pizzeria, making it a particularly stylish and wonderfully intimate venue. With breathtaking 360-degree views across the horizon, you really will feel as though you are floating on cloud nine.
Beachcomber Island Resort
The beautiful and particularly accommodating Mamanuca Islands have become extremely popular with young backpackers over the years, and Beachcomber Island has established itself as the party hotspot of the Fijian archipelago. The islet comes alive after dark – and the Beachcomber Island Resort is its thriving hub. The resort’s varied and dynamic program can cater for stag parties, hen nights, anniversaries, and birthdays as well as hosting in-house parties, themed nights, and cultural performances.
Ed’s Bar is located close to Fiji’s international airport in the bustling backpacker hub of Nadi and has long been a popular meeting place for both locals and travelers. With a variety of themed nights, a cheerful bar crew, and generous offers (a five-hour Happy Hour every day of the week), Ed’s continues to entice a large and varied crowd. You can enjoy a subdued evening drink and game of pool in its breezy outdoor garden, or rave the night through on its vibrant dance floor.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
With its sleek, modern interior and atmospheric mood-lighting, Nadi’s Ice Bar is a stylish and trendy locale that has a spacious outdoor balcony as well as an indoor dance floor, where the energy level only begins to dwindle come day-break. Open until 4am, Ice Bar operates shuttle buses to and from the nearby resorts to make sure you get home safely.
Located on McArthur Street, the lively hub of Fiji’s capital city Suva, you’ll find O’Reilly’s to be a relatively chilled sports bar during the day, where locals gather to enjoy food and drinks with friends whilst watching games on its large screens. The bar serves some fantastic drinks and hosts quite a party too. Attracting a particularly fun-loving and light-hearted crowd, O’Reilly’s is the throbbing heart of Suva’s nightlife.
Sundowner Bar and Grill
Sheltered by a cluster of majestic palm trees, Sundowner Bar and Grill, part of the Outrigger Resort, is set below a straw-roofed cabana on an elevated platform with stunning views across the ocean. Serving up breakfast, as well as lunch, dinner, and some wonderful tropical cocktails into the evening, Sundowner is a bright and colorful place to while away a serene evening with friends whilst watching the sun set and stars emerge across the uninterrupted horizon.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.