Thrill seekers and adrenaline junkies from all over the world journey to Australia’s beautiful Gold Coast to try one of the most incredible adventure sports.
The Gold Coast certainly isn’t deprived of adrenaline-fuelled activities or sports. From deep-sea scuba diving excursions, to surfing the waves along its stunning coastline, the Gold Coast provides ample opportunities to be part of something incredible.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Skydiving on Australia’s Gold Coast opens up a wealth of possibilities to luxuriate in the world-famous skyline and beaches from a vantage point like no other. The chance to admire the towering skyscrapers, lush beaches and ocean views from high above, all the while hurtling through the sky at an impressive speed is an experience you’re not likely to forget in a hurry.
There’s a lot of speculation regarding the origins of skydiving; some claim that renowned American engineer Bill Booth is the original pioneer of the tandem skydiving we know of today. However, there’s also talk of Ted Strong developing tandem skydiving in 1983 to test out new equipment within the field. Let’s take a look at this world-famous sport and its history within one of the most spectacular places in the world: Australia’s Gold Coast.
Who to skydive with on the Gold Coast
Gold Coast Skydive is the only tandem skydiving company currently registered on Australia’s Gold Coast. The family-owned business is based just a couple of minutes from Kirra Beach in Coolangatta, with flights for their skydiving antics taking off from the Gold Coast International Airport.
With skydivers as young as 12 years old, all the way up to 90 years of age, Gold Coast Skydive are renowned experts in the industry and have facilitated thousands of free-fall parachute tandem jumps along the Gold Coast.
Archie Jamieson, the owner of Gold Coast Skydive and a pilot and chief instructor, began skydiving in 1987 and has since completed over 14,500 skydives. He’s even taken his Jack Russell dog, DJ, skydiving more than 10 times.
The pilots behind Gold Coast Skydive each have a minimum of 5,000 hours flight time, and the instructors have tens of thousands of jumps between them.
Any fear, nerves and apprehension of heights is sure to melt away once you’re up in the air, hovering over some of the most stunning coastline in the world. Once you make that jump, the sheer adrenaline and excitement will take over.
Where to skydive on the Gold Coast
The flights of the renowned Gold Coast Skydive company take off from the Gold Coast Airport and make their landings on the beloved Kirra Beach. While cruising through the air, you’ll be greeted with 360-degree views of the remarkable Gold Coast skyline.
Most of the Gold Coast’s beaches can be seen as you soar through the sky, including the famous and favoured Surfers Paradise, Palm Beach, Burleigh Heads and, of course, Kirra Beach, where you’ll make your descent on to the soft sand.
Gold Coast Skydive’s decision to land on Kirra Beach means that you’re just a five-minute drive from the airport, so you can get up into the air in no time, before making the incredible free-fall back down to earth and consequently, reality.
The Gold Coast of Australia makes skydiving an experience like no other. Skydiving with skilful instructors with years of experience and thousands of skydives under their belt makes for a challenge that you’ll be more than comfortable completing, knowing you’re in safe hands.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.