Whether it’s the fashion, the accessories, the books, the furniture, or even the vinyl, the love of vintage is consuming Perth, Australia. To support this healthy obsession, and defying the idea behind ‘out with old and in with the new’, we have found your new go-to shops for everything vintage.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The tiny one-stop-shop of Bluebird Vintage is your go-to place for everything vintage. This is the place where fashion meets the ‘olde worlde’ in a collection that ranges from vintage ladies fashion to antiques and collectables, and not to mention retro homewares! So, whether you are looking for a new Polaroid camera or a frock from the 50s, a trip to Bluebird is in order.
Tuesday to Saturday 10AM-5.30PM
From old knick-knacks to beach chairs and bikes, and even old film reels and tea cups and saucers, Curio Warehouse is a warehouse full of curiosities. No matter what you are looking for, no matter what time of year it is, we can guarantee you will find plenty here – even if it is a button for your favourite top in one of the many jars.
Monday to Sunday 10.30AM-5PM
Fi & Co
Fi & Co is the treasure cove of pretty clothes and fun accessories and is Perth’s vintage staple. Whether you go in for a browse of their bits and bobs, find some shoes you must have, or simply to window shop (we’re sure you could find a window here), there is something for everyone. But be sure to check what’s on when you go, as you may be lucky to find live music or an exciting crafternoon upstairs!
Monday to Thursday, Saturday 11AM – 6PM, Friday 11AM – 8PM, Sunday 12PM – 6PM
Featuring retro collectables from the 50s, 60s and 70s, Old Values is a unique little shop to find bargains and while away your day in. Not only do they value old furniture and homewares, but you will also find vinyl, books and artworks that you won’t find anywhere else today. If you’ve read all of today’s magazines and are looking for something new, Old Values also sells ‘ancient’ magazines that will take you to a whole new era.
Wednesday to Sunday 10AM-5PM
Safari’s Record Shack
What could possibly be better than listening to the classics on vinyl? Safari’s Record Shack, that’s what. Hidden behind William St Lane’s flower shop lies hundreds of vinyl classics ranging from funk and soul, jazz and disco, and even all the favourites from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Not only is there a diverse array of choices on the shelves, but if you can’t find what you are looking for, there is a good chance that the owner may have it stashed away in his 10,000-strong stockpile of records.
Monday to Thursday 10AM-6PM, Friday 10AM-7PM, Saturday 10AM-5PM
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.