We’d tell you all about the surfing, scuba diving and sun-soaking that Byron Bay is famous for – but we have a feeling you’ve already packed a suitcase full of swimsuits before you’ve even booked an apartment. With so many hotels in Byron Bay to choose from, let us help you find the cool coastal condo that will perfectly cater to your vacation. From luxurious apartments to dog-friendly accommodation in Byron Bay, Australia, these holiday apartments will make you, your family and your closest friends feel right at home – bookable on Culture Trip.
Bring your board for your stay at Bayview Beachfront Apartments – where you’ll scope the swells from the balcony of your two-bedroom suite. These holiday apartments to rent in Byron Bay are perfect for surfing groups, but you don’t need to fancy yourself a Mick Fanning facsimile to enjoy your stay. The pool and barbeque are great for laid-back lounging and the beach is always waiting to welcome your two-piece just a few steps away.
These Byron Bay holiday rentals aren’t lying when they call themselves beach havens. Your studio apartment is a cool 10-minute walk from Main Beach. All that stands in your way is an oyster bar, which comes in handy after working up an appetite while working on your tan. Shopping and snacking is also within reach, so try not to spend all of your time snoozing by the sparkling pool.
The Butter Factory is going to slather you with luxury. Vacation rentals in Byron Bay don’t come as cool and unique as the three-bedroom Warehouse Apartments. Three levels include kitchens, dining areas and chill living spaces. The only reason you’d not drop your bags in these cool quarters is that you were lucky enough to snag the poolside apartments that let you lounge in a pair of boardshorts from sun up to sundown.
If you’re already rocking the cresting wave and snow-capped mountain logo on your gear, then you’re going to love an awesome stay at Quiksilver Apartments. Grab your Roxy-wearing girlfriends and get ready to explore the Wreck’s protruding shipwreck just offshore. Onshore, Quiksilver Apartments are anything but. Light-filled spaces with nature-inspired tones will lure you out into the sun-soaked patio for a few Fosters with your friends.
Booking vacation rentals in Byron Bay is supposed to be easy, but we guess no one told East on Byron. They’re putting visitors in the difficult position of having to choose between six luxurious apartments. How is one supposed to decide between a beach house and a poolside villa when all they want to do is spend all day in the sun? You’d think that simply choosing the penthouse would be a sure bet – but East on Byron has three, each with an exclusive outdoor space that’s too good to be true. Our advice? Spend a week staying in them all.
Say hello to holiday apartments to rent in Byron Bay that are so dreamy, you’ll hardly believe you’re awake. Seriously, the poolside kitchen is just too awesome – who wouldn’t want to take a dip in the pool while the bacon sizzles to perfection? The king studio is more than enough for sunseekers who need to be within the strides of Belongil Beach. Got the whole crew riding with you? Rent the entire Kahale Beach House out and all eight of your friends can cannonball into the private pool all day long.
Cheap accommodation in Byron Bay doesn’t need to be a cab ride from the ocean. Byron Quarter Holiday Apartments proves that you can stay close to the shore without burning through your budget. A one-bedroom standard apartment will treat you like old mates, letting you lounge with full access to a private kitchen, laundry facility and bathroom. You’ll also be able to save while spoiling yourself at the BodyMindLife yoga studio next door followed by a dip in the heated plunge pool.
Does your holiday wish list read like this: beaches, barbeques and back massages? Then, Gosamara Apartments takes the cake. We’re not going to say that the luxurious Aqua Therepe heated mineral spa is the crown jewel of the property – but we’ll admit that it’s hard to argue with the bubbly jets. Parents with little ones will be relieved that everything from high chairs and prams to child car seats and trundle beds can be easily added to any apartment.
As if the swaying palm trees and sounds of the shoreline weren’t enough to lull you into a tranquil trance, the Atlantic just had to place ultra-comfortable king beds in every room. Granted, the surf shack styled Cabana room is easiest to escape, as the small yet sufficient space was made for surfers on the move. Good luck vacating the Tropical room, though – the private verandah is where we’d spend all of our free time.
Who said you can’t book a Tuscan style guesthouse when reserving Byron Bay holiday rentals? Victoria’s at Wategos will leave you astounded with their rooms, each containing spa bathrooms surrounded by rich marble and stone. Peer outside your window and find the Cape Byron Lighthouse signalling you out to the shore. We’d wager that you’d spend all day on the beach –wave riders were it not for the delicious canape plates at Victoria’s restaurant.
Need to cast the net out a little further? See the best places to stay in Byron Bay and book with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.