Escape the kitchen this Christmas day; gone are the days of endless chopping and semi-burnt turkey skin, silly family feuds over who was supposed to do what and some inevitably ruined dish. Nowadays, the best restaurants in the city open up over Christmas to make the day all that more enjoyable. Sit back and relax; these are the 15 best places to have Christmas Dinner in Sydney.
Raise a glass of champagne this Christmas Day at Quay, a stylish bistro on Circular Quay in the heart of Sydney. The lunch boasts three courses by executive chef Stefan Brademann as well as bottomless champagne to keep the merriment flowing. Seating times available from 12.30pm-3.30pm. Prices range from $149.50-$299 per person.
Dine in decadence this Christmas Day at Mosaic, The Westin in Sydney. The setting alone, a six-storey atrium, is sure to impress, not to mention the grand buffet-style lunch. Price ranges from $79-$279 and includes a house red, white or sparking drink on arrival, plus ssoft drinks.
Mosaic. The Westin. 1 Martin Place. Sydney. Australia. +61 (02) 8223 1111
Dine this Christmas Day in the scenic surroundings of Centennial Park at Centennial Homestead. Ticket price includes buffet and grazing stations throughout. There are a range of seating times between 11.30am-2.45pm to suit all schedules on this merry day. Tickets range between $50 and $150 per person.
Centennial Homestead. 1 Grand Drive. Centennial Park. Sydney. Australia. +61 (02) 9380 9350
Indulge at this all-you-can-eat traditional Christmas buffet at Pier One this Christmas Day. Although all the obvious meats and trimmings will certainly be on offer, a fine selection of fresh seafood to make the day Aussie will be available too; it’s followed by a dessert buffet. This three-hour all-you-can-eat-and-drink (beer, wine, sparkling wine, soft drink and juices) experience starting from 12.30pm will cost between $195-$250 per person.
Pier One. 11 Hickson Road. Walsh Bay. Sydney. Australia. +61 2 8298 9777
Watsons Bay Hotel
Take to the seafront this Christmas Day for lunch at Watsons Bay Hotel. Set in picturesque surroundings of crystal waters, this almighty al fresco seafood dining experience will be one to remember. The hotel also boasts stunning rooms and overnight stays for those coming from afar.
Watsons Bay Hotel. 1 Military Road. Watsons Bay. Sydney. Australia. +61 (02) 9337 5444
View this post on Instagram
We've been digging into some organic turkey breast, hearty whiskey and honey glazed Kurabuta organic ham and much more deliciousness. Plus some lovely Robert Oatley wines. We hope everyone is having a merry day! 🎄 #christmaslunch #christmas #glazedham #freshseafood #robertoatley #merrychristmas #watsonsbayboutiquehotel #watsonsbayevents
Celebrate this Christmas at Sydney’s impressive Park Hyatt. With stunning scenes of Sydney’s Harbour, guests will enjoy either a three course (Christmas-Day dinner) or four course (Christmas-Day lunch) menu, including a glass of champagne on arrival. Prices range from $75-$295. Lunch sittings include a surprise visit from Santa.
Captain Cook Cruises
Dine on the water this Christmas Day with Captain Cook Cruises. Guests can choose from an opulent five-course meal from the Sky Deck or Christmas Buffet from the Club or Show Deck, depending on their preference. This is the perfect way to celebrate, raising a toast to family and friends against the beautiful backdrop of Sydney. Prices range from $179-259.
Captain Cook Cruises. 6 Circular Quay West. Sydney. Australia. +61 (02) 9206 1111
View this post on Instagram
Great food with best views – Sydney harbour lunch cruise. Beef tenderloin on mustard sauce with carrots, broccoli and sauted mushrooms 😊 #sydney #captaincookcruises @captaincookcruises #holiday #beef #tenderloin #delicious #tasty #foodstagram #genusstalente #instafood #foodforfoodies #food #likefood #lovefood #foodlover #foodblogger #foodie #lecker #foodie #genusstalenteontour #lunch #grilled #lowcarb #filet #steak #lunch
It wouldn’t be an Aussie Christmas Day without a trip to the beach. Pack up the BBQ and head out to the sand to enjoy Christmas dinner al fresco. Seafood barbecues are the most popular form, so stock up on some fresh catch the night before.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.