From elevated riverside apartments, to quirky rainforest retreats, Brisbane certainly has a plethora of Airbnb options. Here is our selection of our favourite local spots to stay in this river-bound city.
With tropical weather conditions all year round, a river running through the heart of the city, and it’s thriving internationally-renowned art and dining scenes, this metropolitan gateway to both the Sunshine and Gold Coasts is a must-see spot on your Queensland adventure. See Brisbane like a local with some of the best Airbnbs in town.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This modern apartment, decorated with chic earthy-toned furnishings, is situated right on the river in the South Bank area, a stone’s throw from some of the city’s best museums and galleries. Soak up the Brisbane sun and take in the views of the sky-scraper lined river – and the city beyond – from the spectacular rooftop pool.
This amazing one-bedroom spot in the West End feels like staying in the plant-filled house of a very cool friend. The city centre is short trip away on public transport, but the surrounding neighbourhood is worth taking time to explore. It’s filled with vintage boutiques, bars serving craft beer and organic coffee shops.
This two-bedroom apartment is ideal for a family or group of friends thanks to its incredible amenities which include a rooftop pool, gym, free parking and a communal outdoor barbecue space complete with huge seating areas and a pool table. Admire the city from above on your private balcony, and then make the short walk to the abundance of cultural sights in the thriving South Bank area.
Surrounded by greenery, this two-bedroom apartment is located just outside the city centre, close to one of the city’s main parks. A true local area, be sure to stay over the weekend to make the most of the farmers market a short walk from this incredible spot. Featuring some of the city’s most popular food trucks, arts and crafts vendors, and fresh produce, it’s the perfect place to not only eat before a big day of exploring, but also to grab some local treats to bring home with you. Take in the views of the city through the trees from the apartment’s vast terrace.
If it’s the seaside you’re after, then Raby Bay, a residential area defined by a series of canals, is the way to go. This apartment is situated right on the coastline with waterfront views. It has two bedrooms – both with queen size beds – and a shady terrace for DIY sundowners. A short distance from the beachside location of Raby Bay Foreshore Park and a 40-minute drive from the city centre, this is an ideal location for anyone looking to combine the best of the beach and the city.
Make the most of your time in Brisbane with a stay in a Queenslander cottage, an architectural icon in history-rich Paddington. Distinctive in style, these houses were built specifically to manage the city’s subtropical climate, with an emphasis on keeping the houses cool in the city heat. Sleeping four people, this bright and airy house feels like an oasis. It’s just minutes from amazing cafés and restaurants housed in re-purposed Queenslander Villas, and Brisbane’s first antique store, Empire Revival, where you can step back in time and browse some of Australia’s best vintage items, from furniture to jewellery.
A short walk from the ferry and many green spaces such as Hawthorne Park, this is the perfect base from which to explore the city like a local. With many locally loved eateries and pubs in the surrounding area – such as Il Molo and craft-beer favourite Revel Brewing – as well as cultural and dining hub New Farm just across the river, this space truly offers the best of both worlds; local charm and great proximity to the city. Recently renovated in the downstairs space of a beautiful Queenslander villa, the Airbnb is airy and spacious. A beautiful brightly coloured clapboard exterior makes way for a recently renovated interior, with all the modern comforts you could need.
You would be hard done by to find another apartment in the Southbank area with better views of South Brisbane. The apartment itself is beautifully furnished, and the rooftop infinity pool has some of the best views over the river and the city centre. The complex features a Sauna, fitness centre and communal BBQ area, and the apartment has everything you need for a comfortable stay – including tea, coffee, bathroom amenities and fresh hotel-grade linen.
Located about as central as you can get, this three-bedroom apartment is perfect for those wanting to stay in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city. Within walking distance from the city’s main restaurants, shops and bars, and sights such as the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens and Museum of Brisbane, this apartment is the perfect base. Dine at CBD restaurants like Otto – river-side contemporary Italian with views of the Story Bridge, and Walter’s Steakhouse – prime Australian beef, a wonderful wine list, and amazing martinis, all housed in a historical building, and make the short stroll home through the city afterward. With a pool and gym in the building, you have everything you need for an incredible adventure in Brisbane.
If you’re after an unusual place to stay, this kooky studio apartment is perfect. It’s only a 20-minute walk from the city centre, but it backs onto what feels like your own private rainforest, and the apartment itself is truly an oasis within the city. Once inside, it’s easy to feel a million miles from anywhere, with sumptuous red furnishings and carpets, a beautiful chandelier and a leopard-shaped coffee table. With incredible transport links, you can be back in the bustle of the city in no time, but retreat back to the quiet when you need to.
With the Brisbane River flowing directly in front of the property – overlooked by a palm-fringed balcony – New Farm’s cultural hub Powerhouse, incredible restaurants directly opposite, and the city centre a short ferry ride away, this studio apartment could not be better located. Decor is white and bright, with splashes of colour in velvety soft furnishings, and although the space is compact there’s a well-equipped kitchen. With an unbeatable view, and bordered on every side by some of Brisbane’s best areas, what more could you want?
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.