Australians are renowned for their ability to have fun, especially at their own expense. With laid-back and light-hearted attitudes, the main attribute these Aussie vloggers have in common is taking the risk to turn their passion and creativity into a full-time gig, delivering us with laughs, advice, and educational titbits. Here are the 10 biggest YouTube sensations from the land of Oz:
This cheeky sketch channel is made up of three Aussie women combining their love of music and comedy. Easy and entertaining to watch, the trio first went viral with their sketch ‘Bohemian Carsody’, and their follow up ‘Mime Through Time’ – where they employ quick costume changes to re-enact hit songs from the last 70 years while seated in their car – catapulted them to international fame. Appearing on Ellen, the girls said they use the bare minimum to produce their videos, such as taping an iPhone into a bra on the dashboard.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Charli’s Crafty Kitchen
While this channel’s original purpose was to create an easy and relatable kids baking channel, nine-year-old Charli and her trusty taste tester, seven-year-old sister Ashlee, soon found their audience base skyrocketing. Concocted in the small town of Ormeau in Queensland, they have nearly half a million followers of all ages and rake in more revenue than Jamie Oliver’s cooking channel. The sisters will soon become your favourite cooking personalities, with their fun recipes (think strawberry marshmallow pops and homemade sour candy) and their adorable demeanours.
Ozzy Man Reviews
If you want an authentic taste of an Australian perspective on current affairs, look no further than Ozzy Man. Fond of the words ‘strewth’ and ‘tinny’, if you want a short course in Aussie slang, give this guy a ‘squiz’. The man behind the personality is Perth-based comedian Ethan Marrell, who started by making a few videos here and there, stamped with his unique brand of satirical comedy and parodies. Next thing, he was juggling over 5.4 million followers on YouTube and Facebook. His Ozzy Man Reviews are down-to-earth hilarious, and perfect to tune into when you’ve had a stressful day.
In Australia, nothing is appreciated more than a person who can make fun of themselves. Brothers Theo and Nathan Saddian were raised by an Egyptian father and a Greek-Egyptian mother, and began their comedy careers by impersonating their parents at a young age. They used to laugh at their mother’s eccentrics, and it eventually progressed into them poking fun at their own lives and culture and posting it online so the rest of the world could laugh along with them.
A somewhat controversial group, the Melbourne-based Janoskians (Just Another Name Of Silly Kids In Another Nation) began posting their pranks and skits in 2011. While they’ve been criticised for sometimes taking their acts too far, that hasn’t stopped them from having a huge international fanbase, known as the Janoskianators. Check out ‘Awkward Train Situations’ – it’s everything you didn’t realise you completely relate to.
Probably the highest in education value, Danger Dolan presents short videos about life and the world, narrated with deadpan facial expressions and a slow drawl. The topics of the videos range from the ‘The World’s Scariest Jobs’ to ‘15 Things You Didn’t Know Were Illegal to Do in Public’. He’s already up to 23,178 views, and recently published an eBook featuring physical lists of his most popular topics.
This list wouldn’t be complete without a mention of Troye Sivian. Born in South Africa but raised in Australia, he gained popularity back in 2005 with his self-made music videos. He was later ‘discovered’, and went on to perform in broadcasted talent shows, and in 2015 he launched his debut album, and today his channel has over 250 million views. He also uses his channel to raise awareness on LGBTIQ issues, and his music videos often feature LGBTIQ relationships.
This Chinese-Australian beauty aims for diversity in her channel. She started her fashion makeup-and-lifestyle blog as a hobby, but since reaching over seven million subscribers has branched into everything from makeup tutorials and life hacks and DIY projects. She uses and reviews a vast range of products from all over the world, from Asia to Eastern Europe – and emphasises engaging with her loyal subscribers. She changes her hair colour weekly, so it’s worth subscribing just for that.
Miss Curtis is YouTube beauty royalty. Clocking up over 1,849,500 views, her make-up tutorials and renowned for being extremely comprehensive, making them perfect for even the most inexperienced of make-up enthusiasts. Since hitting over three million subscribers, she’s merged onto matter-of-fact life advice, especially when it comes to those pesky boys (her words, not ours).
As the name suggests, this channel is dedicated to telling people how to do tasks such as unlock a door with a banana and how to install a toilet. However, while they are mundanely named, the videos often conclude with alarming, erratic movements, and raw eggs are involved more often than not. We can’t quite explain how the channel draws you in the way it does, but it’s oddly addictive. Check out ‘How to Quickly Defrost a Turkey’ – next thing you know, it’ll be four hours later…
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.