Whether you’re visiting to enjoy the sea or explore the lush, misty subtropical rainforest of the hinterland, here are the best apartments on Australia’s Gold Coast.
You’d be forgiven for wondering whether this world-famous strip of coastline, with its surf, sand and frivolous froth, will live up to the hype; but you can’t dispute its nearly year-round sunny days, spectacular sunsets or miles of pristine sand with countless epic surf breaks. From the shimmering high-rise buildings to the laid-back local vibes, there’s a booming culinary scene and astounding natural beauty to discover here.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Waking up in a holiday apartment opposite Kurrawa Beach with views of the Pacific Ocean is great, but having a pear-shaped heated swimming pool with a tiled island on the premises is on another level. There are also two further swimming pools, a full spa, a gym, two floodlit tennis courts and poolside barbecue areas. Not to mention the beach, which is just steps away.
This sprawling four-star resort offers family-friendly Coolangatta hotel accommodation on Queensland’s famous Gold Coast. Coolangatta is a coastal suburb of Queensland and offers easy access to family theme parks, ocean water sports and the natural beauty of the Tweed Valley. The one- and two-bed self-contained apartments have balconies with pool, ocean or hinterland views.
The Gold Coast promise is simple: sun, sea and surf. Avani Broadbeach Gold Coast delivers on this promise. Wake up to gorgeous Pacific Ocean views, join the locals in a spot of surfing, stroll along the 17km (11mi) stretch of sandy coastline and end the day enjoying a barbecue with a drink in hand. You’re only a few minutes’ walk from the G:link tram that takes you along the coast to Surfers Paradise and Southport.
Qube Broadbeach has one-, two- and three-bedroom luxe apartments with modern decor and all the mod cons and good lighting you’d expect. It’s a beachside 40-level complex with sweeping ocean views (the accommodation starts on level 5), its own retail plaza, business centre, swimming pools, restaurants and casino. Qube is also directly opposite the Broadbeach North Light Rail Station, with direct access to the Gold Coast Highway and plenty of adventure potential up and down the coast.
If you’re travelling to the Gold Coast to experience Surfers Paradise and make like a pro surf dude, you’re in the right place here. The resort is fully self-contained and has one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments with views of the Pacific ocean, hinterland or Surfers Paradise; all feature en-suite bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens, stylish interiors and a Foxtel TV package.
These brand new, luxury Southport waterfront apartments could be the perfect place to test-drive a new life on the Gold Coast. You can hang your own pictures, bring your pets and let the friendly on-site staff do the heavy lifting. There’s a pool, a gym and landscaped gardens. The floating resident lounge on level 14 offers incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and is the perfect spot to enjoy a glass of something cold when you arrive.
Holidays are the perfect time to reflect, and Reflections Coolangatta Beach will clear your mind in no time, thanks to its laid-back vibes and excellent facilities: a heated pool, a spa with sauna and steam room, lush gardens to wander around and a movie theatre. It’s a four-star resort with one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments, luxurious sky homes and sub-penthouses overlooking the southern end of the Gold Coast.
Pacific ocean views from these apartments’ wraparound balconies and huge windows are guaranteed, which is reassuring if a spectacular sea view is a make or break for your holiday. There’s a heated pool and spa, gardens, tennis courts and a barbecue area. You’ll be within walking distance of the cafes, bars and restaurants of Broadbeach, and the Kurrawa surf club is close by. Beach towels aren’t provided, but can be rented from reception.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.