Take your Seattle stay to the top floor: book one of these hotels with Culture Trip and check into your room near the city’s Space Needle.
Trendy Seattle is a sought-after destination not only for its art, music and food scene, but also for classic attractions such as the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and MoPOP: Museum of Pop Culture – to name just a few. With the Olympic Mountain range, vast Puget Sound and miles of timber forests as a backdrop, this part of the Pacific Northwest may have a reputation for being gray and drizzly, but its beautiful landscapes make up for it. Take in the stunning views of Seattle and its surrounds from the Space Needle – and set up camp in its shadows by booking one of these nearby hotels.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Just a few minutes’ walk from the Space Needle – and with several rooms that enjoy views of it – this Emerald City hotel is a bit bonkers about art. In the lobby is an enormous mosaic pineapple with bright, colorful corridors leading off to the rooms. You will also find commissioned murals throughout the property. Harlequin-themed chairs, hot-orange bedding and, of course, pineapple-themed pillows are a few of the funky features in the spacious guest rooms. The Pineapple Bistro and Bar has a selection of food while the “Everything Person” team offers pineapple cookies to guests on check in.
Muted blues, beige and aqua colors of the Pacific Northwest are used throughout this hotel – including in the 172 comfortable, clean guest rooms. Literally in the shadow of the Space Needle, the location couldn’t be better for your stay as Pike Place Market, MoPOP and the Seattle Art Museum are also nearby. Breakfast is complimentary and there’s a restaurant on site. Take it up a level by booking one of the suites, which have a smartly divided sleeping and living space, plus a tub in the bathroom.
Fittingly for an Uptown property built in 1918, the decor of this property is a bit beaux art and art deco thrown together, though the Tin Lizzie Lounge – its name a reference to the hotel’s early incarnation as the Seattle Engineering School where they built Model-T Fords – harks back to an earlier period. The wood furnishings and comfortable bench seats of this cocktail bar are the perfect place for trying out prohibition-period libations. The MarQueen is near the Space Needle and Seattle Center, or hop on the monorail outside to be whisked to downtown attractions.
The views don’t have to stop once you descend the Space Needle. Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains are all in view at the Mediterranean Inn’s rooftop terrace. With stylish, contemporary decor, guest rooms are uniquely yet simply decorated. Kitchenettes make this place perfect for a longer stay, and the luxury bath products, Starbucks coffee and tea will make you want to linger. There’s a fitness center, underground parking and bikes available for use with helmets and locks – a perfect way to make yourself at home as you explore the neighborhood and nearby Seattle attractions.
Join the hip crowd at the 28-room Ace if you’re looking for a hotel that breaks the cookie cutter. The team behind this small chain are intent on reinterpreting historic buildings and creating something radically new. Rooms at the Seattle outpost leave the brick exposed for authenticity and completely reimagine shower and bathroom spaces, using recycled sinks and pipework. Some rooms have original sliding doors, while paintings are produced by local artists.
The Belltown neighborhood is known for its access to Seattle’s main attractions – and the Belltown Inn is perfectly placed for visitors. Hop on one of the loaner bikes to check out the waterfront, Pike Place Market and the Space Needle. After a busy day exploring, make sure you find the energy to head to the rooftop and enjoy vistas over the city and out to the bay. Bright, light-filled rooms have views of the interior courtyard or downtown perspectives, and each has a very handy kitchenette.
This youthful, arty hotel is so connected all you need do is tap on your phone to adjust the temperature. The hotel app also allows you to draw the blinds, adjust the lights and change the channels on your TV. Well-considered amenities include a massive communal living room, power shower, fluffy pillows and black out blinds – perfect for the morning after those late night forays. South Lake Union may be home to lots of Amazon offices, but you can quickly shake off the corporate vibes with a brisk walk to the Space Needle, or with the waterside views at Lake Union Park.
Only a 15-minute walk from the Space Needle, you could think you’re a million miles away given the nearly life-size bear carving in the lobby. The Bar Moxy has a Happy Hour from 4pm to 6pm every night, with the wooden grizzly looking on. The wall is punctuated with axes, leather macrame rocking chairs and Navajo blankets – making this the perfect homage to the Pacific Northwest. The spacious guest rooms have exposed concrete for a bit of urban flare and hooks on the walls rather than wardrobes. Head out on foot to explore Seattle’s food scene – local Tex-Mex chain Cactus have a restaurant just one block away.
Looking for somewhere different? Book into one of the best hotels near the Port of Seattle, or the iconic Pike Place Market, now via Culture Trip. Check out our chilled out guide to Seattle, or if you’re exploring further afield, don’t miss the most beautiful islands in Washington State.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.