Flying into Sea-Tac? Whether you’re looking for a downtown Seattle bolthole or a budget-friendly stopover, these are the top hotels near this Pacific Northwest hub, and they’re bookable on Culture Trip.
Long-time Seattleites often call their town “Jet City” because the Boeing Corporation was born here. Indeed, it continues to build airplanes in nearby Renton and Everett. If you’re coming in for a landing, make it a soft one with a stay near Sea-Tac. Alternatively, choose a hotel in downtown Seattle, an easy 30-minute ride via the Link light rail.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
You can stroll to the airport from this Crowne Plaza, an upscale choice just across the street from the terminals. There’s a 24-hour shuttle available too for those with limited mobility. Pop in for a bowl of clam chowder and a craft beer at Reflections Bar and Grill, which also offers room service. A fitness center ensures you won’t miss a workout, though the views of Mount Rainier may inspire you to head there for a hike instead.
After a long flight, it’s nice to stretch out on a comfy bed and watch something good on a giant TV. You’ll certainly find that here at the Seattle Airport Marriott – plus a spacious, well-lit desk if you’re working remotely. Tuck into fresh Northwest fare in a farm-to-table setting at Aqua Terra, the on-site restaurant. Additionally, the fitness center is open 24 hours a day, plus the patio and atrium are great places to meet new friends.
Blackout blinds, inspired local photography and a chaise lounge chair, complete with throw pillows, ensure a tranquil stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. This hotel also offers an inviting indoor pool, a chic lobby restaurant and a fitness center. Order room service or hit the 24-hour in-house convenience store for your snack needs. The hotel shuttle will whisk you to the airport or the Link light rail station.
A hip, classy choice with city and water views, the State Hotel is close to the best of downtown Seattle, including Pike Place Market, nightclubs and the Seattle Art Museum. It’s also easily accessible from the Link light rail airport station. Enjoy a cocktail in the lobby or on the guests-only rooftop deck before heading to your room, decked out with plush bedding and high ceilings. Don’t miss the cool wallpaper in the elevator alcoves.
True to its name, the Inn at the Market is steps from the bustle (and buskers) of Pike Place Market, yet it shelters you from the noisy streets. A rooftop deck offers great views of the ferries and cruise ships plying Puget Sound, and three restaurants offer plenty of variety for dining and drinks. Take the short ride from the Link light rail airport station to downtown to be close to the action.
Hip brand Aloft has a Sea-Tac outpost, just a few blocks from the terminals and the Link light rail station. Rooms range from double queens to kings – ask the front desk for a personal yoga mat for your morning workout. Downstairs, you’ll find the WXYZ Bar, which serves drinks and snacks, plus there are billiards and foosball tables. Bringing a pet along for the trip? Furry friends are welcome here.
This Residence Inn is one of the nicest hotels in the airport area. The studios are primed for extended stays; each accommodation includes a kitchen, making meal prep pleasant and easy. If you don’t want to cook, a daily breakfast buffet ensures a hearty start to the day. Enjoy the Angle Lake view from your balcony or the rooftop, or stroll along the walking path to the waterfront park.
Set in the striking F5 Tower, Lotte Hotel Seattle is a luxury choice that is a short walk from the Pioneer Square station. Rooms have panoramic windows, residential-like decor and perks such as in-room Nespresso machines and pillow menus. The on-site spa offers even more pampering options. Stop by the Charlotte Restaurant and Lounge, which boasts a Pacific Northwest menu, Instagram-worthy drinks and a mid-century modern design aesthetic.
A no-nonsense, modern hotel with calming room decor, this Tru by Hilton offers work-friendly amenities. There is a rolling desk in each room, and the colorful lobby combines a co-working center with opportunities to socialize over snacks or a game of pool. The office park location is nondescript, but Westfield Southcenter shopping mall is close. Also, the moderate price is right for a simple stay before or after your flight.
An alternative to airport-area inns or downtown Seattle lodging, this large hotel sits in Renton, at the south end of Lake Washington, about 10mi (16km) from Sea-Tac. Upscale rooms have home-like furnishings in a modern wood-paneled space, while hotel amenities include a saltwater pool, a spa and a 24-hour fitness center. Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park and the Landing, a shopping and dining center, are all nearby.
Looking for more inspiration? There’s plenty more accommodation options, from the best luxury hotels to the best cheap hotels in Seattle, so you can confidently book your next stay on Culture Trip. Don’t forget to include these must-visit attractions in your itinerary.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.