Whether your idea of romance is fine dining, a luxury spa or a rock gig, Seattle in Washington State has it all. Known as the Emerald State for its lush evergreen forests, Seattle is the perfect place for a romantic getaway and boasts awe-inspiring mountain and ocean views. When the weather is pleasant, enjoy a stroll along the city’s extensive waterfront and dine on local seafood. If it’s raining, duck into a coffee shop – after all, this is the birthplace of the world’s biggest coffee chain — or relax and unwind at one of the city’s serene spas. Here’s our pick of the best romantic hotels in Seattle, bookable with Culture Trip.
Brad Pitt and Keanu Reeves are among the famous faces depicted in Napoleonic-era images on the cushions you’ll find on your bed here – it hints at the creativity at play at the Kimpton Palladian Hotel. The on-site bar, Pennyroyal, has shareable punch bowls, and in-house restaurant Shaker + Spear specializes in comfort seafood dishes. The Eff It, Let’s Elope package includes a wedding officiant and a witness, flowers from Pike Place Market and a late checkout.
Set in Woodinville, a center of wine in Washington state, the Willows Lodge is near more than 120 wineries and tasting rooms, many of which are reachable on foot or by bike – the hotel will loan you wheels and a helmet. Guest rooms have a gas fireplace and deep soaking tub. Get an in-room couples massage from the Spa at Willows Lodge, then indulge in a multicourse feast at the award-winning Herbfarm Restaurant.
Seattle is a cauldron of creativity, and Hotel Max sits at the heart of it. Make sweet music together in a Sub Pop Room, which comes with a turntable and LPs curated by the famous Seattle label. The rock’n’roll vibe extends to the massive black-and-white photos of rock legends on the doors of each guest room. Enjoy a local ale at the nightly craft-beer hour, then hit the town or stay in and order room service.
A rock’n’roll heart beats at the W Seattle, from the giant albums lining the wall of the Living Room Bar and the nightclub feel of Trace restaurant to a working music studio right in the hotel. Aside from hundreds of standard guest rooms with huge windows – ask for a higher floor to get the best views – the W’s Wow suites include a jetted tub and lots of room to lounge.
Even its name evokes the romance of the Italian coastline. Sitting on First Hill above downtown Seattle, the city’s oldest boutique hotel has charming architectural touches and comforts aplenty for couples, including plush pillowtop beds. Enjoy a cocktail in the Fireside Room or speakeasy bar, then take a table for two at the in-house restaurant, Stella, for coastal Italian cuisine under a canopy of lights.
Settle into a room painted in the verdant shades of the Evergreen State, where you can enjoy some chillout time together. Rain showers are a fixture here. Dine on Southern-inspired food with Pacific Northwest accents at the Hart and the Hunter, or forage in nearby Pike Place Market for your perfect picnic ingredients.
Art Deco goes to college at this high-rise hotel near the University of Washington. The lobby is packed with books, and art on the walls, while playful decor in the guest rooms includes trophy-cup lamps. Bigger rooms have bay windows and expansive views of downtown or Lake Washington, and you can enjoy the Mountaineering Club, a rooftop bar with indoor and outdoor seating.
The Loews Hotel 1000 has one of downtown Seattle’s best locations, close to many top sights but a bit removed from the tourist throngs. Expect understated luxury, with spacious rooms – many with Elliott Bay views – and upscale amenities such as a spa, fitness center and virtual golf simulator. The hotel restaurant sources much of its seafood-centric menu from nearby Pike Place Market.
Between Bellevue and Kirkland, east of the Seattle metro area, Woodmark Hotel and Still Spa lets you bypass city grit for a more refined retreat. Each guest room has muted tones, plush robes and a spacious bathroom. Wander or bike one of the trails next to Lake Washington, or take a kayak to Yarrow Point. Complete your stay with a couples massage and a meal in one of two lakefront restaurants.
Super close to Pike Place Market and the Seattle waterfront, the State Hotel hired street artist Shepard Fairey to announce its arrival with a five-story mural. Guest rooms feature city or water views, triple-sheeted bedding and a big walk-in shower. The on-site restaurant, Ben Paris, offers a brunch you’ll remember and crafty cocktails day and night. Grab one and head to the guests-only rooftop deck.
Looking for more places to stay in Seattle? Make a splash at one of these top Seattle hotels with pools, or experience the five-star treatment at one of the most luxurious hotels in Seattle. Bring your pet along for the ride? No problem. These pet-friendly hotels in Seattle will cater to your animal companions’ every need. For itinerary inspiration make sure you read our guide on how to spend a weekend in Seattle through Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.