After a day in the crisp mountains in Utah, there’s nothing better than soaking your muscles in a hot tub, whether for après-ski or after hiking at one of the state’s five national parks – hello, Zion. It’s never a bad time to melt your tensions away, especially when accompanied by a view of red rock cliffs or fragrant pine trees from outside your window. Here’s our pick of Utah hotels with in-room jacuzzis, bookable on Culture Trip.
Next to a nature preserve – and close to Park City – this contemporary resort offers a range of rooms with gas fireplaces, sofa beds and heated bathroom floors. It’s one of the best hotels with private hot tubs in Utah, so opt for the suites or townhomes that come with outdoor hot tubs overlooking the mountains. Plus, all guests have access to a shared hot tub, as well as an indoor/outdoor pool, fitness center, steam room and sauna. Walk over to the Newpark Town Center with several restaurants, bakeries and cafes, or drive a little further to bustling Park City.
In the heart of Deer Valley, this luxury resort has free breakfast and a ski rental shop for easy access to the slopes. Rooms and suites – up to four bedrooms – come with luxury amenities like fireplaces, cashmere throws, jetted tubs and kitchenettes. After a day exploring, head for the public outdoor pool and multiple hot tubs, and then have dinner at the Italian restaurant with original pizzas such as the creminelli pepperoni with San Marzano tomato sauce. You can also use the complimentary shuttle for lifts to Historic Main Street in Park City, for upscale shopping and restaurants.
This family-owned resort, in the Southeast Utah town of Bluff, nods to the ancient Puebloan culture that once thrived there. The resort is built into a natural cliffside, and rooms come with private patios, mini-fridges and microwaves, while larger types have kitchenettes. The Tower Suite has a double-ended soaking tub. Along with free breakfast, other perks include guided hikes and a spa, outdoor pool, hot tub and fitness center. Meals at the casual restaurant include hot chili served with cornbread. Warm up on the patio with a fire pit to end the night.
Traditional alpine-inspired decor can be found at this resort and spa in the Wasatch Mountains, about a half-hour drive from Park City. There are a number of activities that will keep you on site, like tennis, minigolf, volleyball, a spa and fitness center, plus indoor and outdoor pools. For the ultimate soak, check out the large indoor hot tub with a two-story waterfall. Rooms have elegant decor, while suites might come with fireplaces, kitchens, and private decks with hot tubs where you can watch the stars. Dining options include Starbucks coffee, as well as a casual bistro for poke nachos or fondue for two, finished with a nightcap at the pub with mountain views. Look for weekly events like yoga classes.
This resort is all about the views – and with a location surrounded by red rock cliffs near Capitol Reef National Park, it’s easy to see why. Elegant rooms come with Keurig coffee makers – and some come with kitchenettes, sofa beds and private patios. More views can be found at the stunning outdoor pool and year-round hot tub, so bring your camera. Additional amenities include a fitness center with floor-to-ceiling windows, and excursions like Jeep tours and hiking with llamas. Fill up on comfort food at the Pioneer Kitchen with smoked trout dip and stuffed poblano peppers.
Perched on a cliff overlooking St George, this inn is a convenient – and scenic – base for exploring Zion National Park, an hour away. All rooms include plush mattresses, luxe linens and private balconies. In the morning, breakfast boxes are delivered to each room. Make sure to check out the outdoor pool, hot tub and fitness center. When you’re hungry, the restaurant has a lovely outdoor patio where you can lunch on salads like the southwestern Santa Fe with smoked pulled chicken. As the sun sets, take a look at the fine-dining menu with entrées like almond crusted Idaho trout.
A short drive to Dixie National Forest, this family-friendly lodge is a bonus after a day hiking or fishing, thanks to its full-service spa, indoor pool, two hot tubs, and dry and steam saunas. Colorful and comfortable studios are equipped with gas fireplaces and kitchenettes, while larger units have jetted tubs. There’s also a cafe and a restaurant serving house-made burgers with umami dust, or veggie options like the tapioca crusted tofu; kids have their own menu to choose from.
Families will appreciate the free perks at this modern hotel near Park City, like the daily breakfast, hot cocoa, ski storage and shuttles to and from town. You’ll want to upgrade your room for the kitchens, jetted tubs and balconies. There’s also free use of the indoor/outdoor heated pool, as well as two hot tubs and a fitness center with a Peloton bike. Choose between filling salads and original wood-fired pizzas for dinner, along with an enormous craft beer list and signature cocktails like the Miner’s Mojito. Ski and snowboard rentals are available on site during the winter season.
This spacious all-suite hotel is next to the Colorado River, just a few miles from downtown Moab and Arches National Park for a multitude of adventures. It’s a great base for families who can spread out at two resort-style pools and three hot tubs. There’s also a fitness center, basketball court and kid’s canyon. Every suite has a separate living area with a sofa bed, as well as microwave and mini-fridge where you can store items purchased from the 24-hour market. Free hot breakfast buffet is served daily, and dining options are plentiful in Moab.
This sophisticated resort has plenty of amenities apart from skiing, though getting to the slopes is easy with a private ski-in, ski-out funicular. There’s a fitness center with a yoga studio, and a stunning spa with après-ski treatments. But you can’t top the split-level outdoor pool and hot tubs surrounded by mountains and pine trees. After sundown, order Manhattan-style cocktails at the St Regis Bar with a three-side fireplace, and then follow it up with steamed mussels at the French-inspired brasserie. Rooms and suites come in earth tones with cozy textiles, while some come with fireplaces and balconies. There’s also a free shuttle into Park City, but we doubt you’ll leave too often.
For more great places to stay in Utah, check out our pick of the best hotels in Cedar City, Utah, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.