Motor racing and music are the words of the day (and night) at the Circuit of the Americas – book a hotel with Culture Trip and get ready for a fun weekend at the most awesome amphitheater in Austin.
There are many reasons to visit Austin, but the major draw is live entertainment. The Circuit of the Americas (COTA) hosts the biggies, from the American Grand Prix in Formula 1 and COTA Karting to internationally recognised artists spanning all genres. As the largest permanent outdoor amphitheatre in Central Texas, COTA is on the edge of the city – a 25-minute drive from downtown. Heading in to join 120,000 spectators? Here are the best stays within convenient reach, bookable now with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Sure, it’s not in the heart of all the action, but this stay is great value and one of the most agreeable Best Westerns you’ll come across. Expect all the brand regalia, with a sprinkle of Texas charm. Hill Country patterns meet mini-agave plants and live-music-inspired artwork, but best still, perks include free hot breakfast and parking. All that and you’re just a 15-minute drive into COTA.
Don’t worry, Austin Motel is not your typical grotty motel. Yes, there’s a no-frills side (zero mini bars, closets absent), but the Austin offers a retro motor-inn experience in rainbow colours; bright rooms, sleek, modern tech points and funky social spaces. There’s a buzzy swimming pool out front for people-watching and a wonderfully pride-inspired bodega and bar. Perched at the top of SoCo, downtown Austin and the trail are a stroll away.
In town just for COTA? Then don’t waste time – bed down at the airport. Staybridge Suites Austin Airport is only 12 minutes from the venue, and it’s got all the amenities you need for a home away from home. Guests feel like a local who’s just popping out to catch the show in suites with fully-equipped kitchens, but a complimentary breakfast is offered regardless. You even get microwaves, dishwashers and flexible workspace with ample power outlets and free WiFi.
With a stay at Park Lane you’re right in the city, but it feels the tranquil opposite: two blocks from South Congress, this eco-oasis is all about wellness and sustainability. Everything is mindful of organic and chemical-free components, from the natural bedding to the breakfast eggs laid by the free-range hens. You’ll be encouraged to take one of their bikes to explore the rest of city – just not COTA, as there are no direct transit routes and it’s a drive away.
If you don’t mind bedding down a little further away there’s The Carpenter Hotel, basking in an old pecan grove on the edge of Zilker Park. What you sacrifice in proximity to the COTA, you more than make up for in stylish simplicity. As it sounds, this is a tranquil city escape – but you’re within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake and Barton Springs with its lush green trail. The hotel has plenty of space; the 93 guest rooms each have their own private terrace, record collection and player, and the locally made – all-natural – bath products are, naturally, on tap.
Flying in for COTA? Make it a trip to remember with a stay at Hotel ZaZa Austin. It’s a luxurious boutique property with lashings of Texan style. Take one of the trademark Magnificent Seven Suites, as sumptuous as the name suggests. Or explore the Hill Country Suite, informed by the natural expanses of Texas valleys. Maybe you’d rather the Seaside Suite with its beach vibes. Whatever, but don’t miss the restaurant and bar for generous Texan-sized pours of wine and bubbles. Have we mentioned this hotel is Texan inspired?
True, nobody wants ever to leave Texas, but you can rent a short-stay apartment, too – how else to feel like a true Austinite? Check in at the Catherine, a luxury high-rise with downtown views, right next to the YETI flagship (every local has a YETI, for outdoor-gear needs). Rooms are elegant, with floor-to-ceiling windows, walk-in closets and fully equipped kitchens – this is an apartment, after all. Amenities include an infinity pool, gym and sky lounge. Why leave?
Stay elsewhere in Austin; find out where to book in the city for a local experience or treat yourself to a spa retreat, bookable now with Culture Trip. Choose how you tour Austin by bike, boat or kayak and enjoy a historic visit to the city, before indulging in the best barbecues and breweries the Texan capital has to offer.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.