A visit to Spa Castle is a must when in Carrollton, Texas, a suburb north of Dallas. It’s the equivalent of a self-care theme park, with many saunas, European-style water spas, spa service rooms with a variety of treatments, and indoor and outdoor pools. Also, its location puts it within striking distance of many choice hotels. Here’s our pick – bookable on Culture Trip.
A chic cosmopolitan hotel, this Courtyard by Marriott features a lobby with contemporary furnishings. Settle in and start your day with a workout in the 24-hour fitness center or laps in the pool. Afterward, grab brunch at the Bistro, offering various healthy and hearty items, such as breakfast sandwiches and Starbucks coffee. For extended stays, upgrade to an apartment-like suite with plenty of room to unpack and spread out. Finally, warm up next to the crackling firepit.
The Dallas Park West Hotel sits between a tranquil lake and the lush Keenan Crossing Trail Park and offers a variety of rooms and suites. If you want to splurge, the suites have the most perks, including an extra TV; the presidential suite even boasts two balconies, a dining table and a wet bar. Also, the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus within a 5mi (8km) radius.
Feel right at home at the Hilton Garden Inn Las Colinas, where you can enjoy your free daily newspaper with your in-room brewed coffee. Plump for the king premium room for a minibar stocked with drinks and snacks that are replenished daily. It’s a cozy room equipped with a refrigerator, a microwave, a large work area and complimentary wifi. Meanwhile, general amenities, including a fitness room, an outdoor pool and an inviting patio, will make you feel relaxed and comfortable at this home away from home in Dallas.
In the heart of Addison, the Marriott Quorum by the Galleria is an upmarket, boutique option just a 15-minute drive from Spa Castle. The hotel has several facilities for a comfortable home-like stay, including an outdoor area with lawn games, a fitness center and a resort-style pool with a firepit. The rooms offer a refined experience, with modern decor combined with the latest technology, and the suites are perfect for those looking for an extended stay. Upgrade to the concierge floor to enjoy a continental breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres and a private lounge.
The extended-stay Hyatt House, surrounded by many restaurants and shops, is a short 8mi (13km) drive from Spa Castle. Travelers will appreciate the enormous suites, complete with pillow-top bedding, full kitchens and dedicated work areas with free wifi. The complimentary breakfast is also top-notch, with fresh fruit and various hot dishes. Plus, the staff goes the extra mile to make your stay as comfortable as possible, such as providing a complimentary grocery shopping service so that you can relax poolside.
Billed as an extended-stay hotel and only 8mi (13km) from Spa Castle, this Staybridge Suites in Plano features ample-size suites with full kitchens, work desks and contemporary design. After a day of swimming in the saltwater pool, relax around the outdoor firepit and seating area with gas grills. There’s also a half-size basketball court and a 24-hour fitness center. Guest laundry facilities, a hot breakfast buffet and an evening reception with light snacks and drinks are all on the house. Stay connected with loved ones with the complimentary high-speed internet.
Le Méridien’s breathtaking lobby features floor-to-ceiling windows that fill the space with natural light. Steps from the upscale shops at the Galleria Dallas, the all-suites hotel has a modern vibe with mid-century furniture and a color palette of fuchsia, black and grays. Even the hotel’s fitness center and indoor pool have a touch of finesse and glamour. Opt for the premier suite for its spacious contemporary interiors, including a separate living room and work area.
With direct access to the Galleria Dallas, this Westin provides a contemporary and comfortable stay. After a shopping spree, relax by the cabana-lined rooftop pool, or break a sweat at the hotel’s signature 24-hour WestinWorkout Fitness Studio. Upgrade to one of the sky club suites for a decadent marble bathroom with a sunken tub, sloping ceilings and signature window seats for stunning North Dallas views. The club-level rooms also give you exclusive access to a private lounge and perks such as complimentary continental breakfast, high-speed internet and free business services.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.