While Dallas is known for its size, not all hotels here are sprawling, soulless complexes. The northern Texan city has a quirky, artistic side, reflected in its chic boutique hotels. From rock-star themed suites to glamorous rooftop pools, you can tap into the city’s hip art and music scene by staying at one of these stylish establishments.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Ask and you shall receive. The charming host and hostess at this antique-filled heritage home treat every guest like a beloved family member. No request goes unanswered, whether it be a house tour, vegetarian options in your lavish cooked-to-order breakfast, or just one more homemade cookie. Spend the day in the garden or take the short 20-minute stroll to downtown Dallas attractions.
The historic Pittman has been taken in hand and looks fabulous at 100. Graphic black, white and gold decor frames the common areas. Suites entice with leather-stitched headboards, velvet chairs in shades of ocean blue, and Frette linens. Choose from a selection of LPs to put on the record player, then relax in the deep soaker tub. The Deep Ellum area is full of bars, restaurants, and coffee shops, while the Dallas Museum of Art is a short walk away.
The Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek is an elegant boutique property in Dallas’s Oak Lawn neighborhood, a short drive from downtown. While it was once a private residence, today it offers stylish rooms, outfitted in old-world European decor. Take a dip in the 25m (82ft) outdoor pool to cool off during the hot summer months. Come winter, the Mansion Bar is the place to cozy up with a glass of Merlot by the crackling fire – order the succulent Wagyu beef sliders as a bar snack.
Just across the street from Southern Methodist University (SMU), you find The Lumen, located north of Dallas in the Park Cities neighborhoood. Rooms are fairly neutral with pillow-top king beds. Perks include a gym and complimentary bike rentals, so you can explore the neighborhood at leisure. Find solace from the summer heat in the rooftop poolside cabanas, after brunch at the Front Room Tavern. Try Tex Mex classics here, such as crispy chicken migas with scrambled eggs and queso fresco.
The Guild Victory Park boutique hotel is steps away from the American Airlines Center, where you can watch the Mavericks and Stars (Dallas’s NBA and NHL teams, respectively), as well as concerts and other performances. It’s also a short walk to the Katy Trail, which connects to the Uptown and Oak Lawn neighborhoods. The apartment-style rooms here come with kitchens, separate bedrooms and living room areas. You can also enjoy an outdoor pool, gym and sun terrace.
Debra Smith contributed additional reporting to this article.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.