As the fourth largest city in America, it’s not surprising that Dallas is bustling, busy, and frequently exhausting. So, where can you go to kick back and relax? Sure, you can go home, but a bar would be more fun! Read our list to discover some of the best cocktail bars in Dallas.
You can enjoy over 100 ales, bottles, and drafts at the Meddlesome Moth. The drinks menu is pages long and not only features ice-cold beers, but wines and cocktails as well. Located in one of Dallas’ trendiest districts, the bar is a full-fledged restaurant open for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Some favorite menu items include mussels, tandoori lamb, risotto, and more, and you can eat your meal in a cozy leather booth indoors or out on the patio, which is surrounded in flourishing greenery. This is a great place to meet up with friends or hang out with coworkers, and be on the lookout for occasional live music performances.
Meddlesome Moth, 1621 Oak Lawn Ave. Dallas, TX, USA, +1 214 628 7900
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Old Monk
Go back in time at The Old Monk. Established nearly 20 years ago in 1998, this neighborhood bar is located in Dallas’ antique shopping district. The bar fits right in with historic trinkets and antique decor – in fact, many of the decorations are found from all over the world. If you don’t fill up on draft and bottled beer, whiskey, wine, and hot cocktails, then try something to eat off of their brunch, dinner, or late-night menu. Snack from their cheese platter or bite down into pistachio fried chicken. The Old Monk is known for hosting fun events, especially Oktoberfest, which is fast approaching – so keep an eye out!
The Old Monk, 2847 N. Henderson Ave. Dallas, TX, USA, +1 214 821 1881
The Common Table
Pull up a chair at The Common Table. This friendly neighborhood joint provides a great environment to spend time with friends and family, or even make some new acquaintances! The restaurant and bar serves delicious bites, such as Korean barbecue jerky and caramel bacon popcorn, and you can wash them down with over 30 beers or a signature cocktail. For those on a budget or people who find it difficult to make a concrete decision when ordering, give the Pour Man’s menu a shot. The fixed menu, available on Monday nights, offers patrons four courses of food and four beers, and the menu rotates each week. Kick back with a beer, chat with friends, or enjoy some live music, which is performed multiple times a week and on the weekends.
The Common Table, 2917 Fairmount St. Dallas, TX, USA, +1 214 880 7414
Many Dallas residents have named the Libertine their favorite bar, and why wouldn’t it be? For starters, though it’s a bar, the Libertine doesn’t serve just bar food. Enjoy a gastronomical experience as you try the famous hog wings, Portobello fries, steak sandwich, oxtail tacos, and more. Your waiter will expertly be able to tell you what beers and ales pair best with your selected menu, or, you can work backwards and order your drink first. Choose a cold draft, glass of wine, whiskey, or creative original cocktail. Be sure to pop in on special weeknights, including Pint Night Thursdays and Wine Wednesdays, where you’ll find cheaper drinks and a wider, special selection.
Libertine Bar, 2101 Greenville Ave. Dallas, TX, USA, +1 214 824 7900
This classy, quirky cocktail lounge is the hot topic of the town. Victor Tangos prides itself on providing a warm, yet refined atmosphere with friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable staff, and this trendy spot is the perfect location for a group date, happy hour with coworkers, or girls’ night out. Your party can share a delicious family-styled dish, such as the braised short rib or turkey cobb leg, or keep it small with the artisan cheese board, salty marble potatoes, or various flatbreads. Top it off with an after-dinner drink, dessert wine, or sweet beer. There are also fun cocktails, draft beers, and premium wines, so at Victor Tangos, you can’t go wrong.
Victor Tangos, 3001 N. Henderson Dallas, TX, USA, +1 214 252 8595
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.