Welcome to the Big D: the city in the Lone Star State that delivers a mix of everything. From the cowboys at the Stockyards to the Cowboys on the football gridiron, your weekend will be a thrill, involving wide open spaces and some pretty exciting indoor places. Make sure your Texas-sized itinerary includes a few hours in the hot tub at some of the best hotels in Dallas.
Everything is bigger in Texas, including the larger-than-life luxury treatment at the Four Seasons. Two challenging golf courses – one a TPC (Tournament Player’s Club) and the other an exclusive, push-you-to-increase-your-long-drive course – offer professional guidance and a pro shop. Mammoth steaks and even stronger drinks at the Law restaurant invite you to indulge. Complimentary use of a Mercedes-Benz puts you in the driver’s seat to control your vacation. And you thought you were just going to soak in the spa’s hot tub all weekend…
How do you convince your kids that a trip to Dallas will be more fun than they imagine? You tell them about the JadeWaters Resort Pool at Hilton Anatole. Two huge waterslides, a lazy river, and a splash area for kids will keep them hollering with delight the whole time they’re here. Meanwhile, you can sneak off to the Verandah Club and Spa to lie back and bask in a little well-deserved pampering in the steam room, sauna, and whirlpool hot tubs.
Get away from the shenanigans of downtown Dallas to switch off and snooze in the hot tub at Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West. Just northwest of the city, Omni is a fine purveyor of Texas-sized cocktails to sip after hours of lazing by the pool – or in the sauna. If wellness is your top priority, you’re in expert hands: the in-room Get Fit Kit has everything you need, including a mat, dumbbells, resistance bands, and a kettlebell.
Relaxation is synonymous with the Ritz-Carlton. Don’t believe us? Step into the spa here and submit to new heights of indulgence with an eight-hand massage. If you don’t feel like rolling that far out of bed, idle for an hour in the oversized whirlpool tub (with massaging jets) in your large bathroom. A Bose sound system is integrated throughout the suite, so stick on some classical or ambient sounds and let your mind drift away among the bubbles.
A trip to Dallas isn’t the real deal unless you factor in a visit to Fort Worth. What’s more, a trip to Cowtown reaches another level with a night or two at Hilton’s Embassy Suites. There’s a public indoor swimming pool, but you’ll be all by yourself in the whirlpool tub of your spacious suite. Soaking is one of the best ways to relax after you’ve been all over town (there’s a free downtown trolley that stops right outside the hotel). Be sure to ask room service to send up dinner so you’re refueled and ready for another day exploring the big D.
For more accommodation options, check into one of the best hotels in Dallas – you can book your stay now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.