After over a year of locking groups in secret agent safe houses, Houston Escape Room (H.E.R) continues to stump citizens and tourists with their mind-boggling clues to freedom. This unusual bonding activity first started in a three-story house in Rice Village. After a surge in popularity, this stimulating experience was moved to the heart of Downtown Houston.
In the H.E.R facility, teams are allowed to pick between Episode One: Mo’s Safe House, Episode Two: Grandma Code Breaker, Episode Three: The Scarlet Scam (designed with the help of a University of Houston Technical Director) and Episode Four: Dark Side of the Moon.
Each room has its own set of clues and its own scenario, which is presented before the facilitator locks the door and throws away the key (for 60 minutes). The interactive game takes visitors through dozens of clues hidden in an array of bizarre places. Teams must quickly decipher which are important or just there for distraction. Don’t count on a cell phone to help solve the riddles—visitors must surrender their electronic devices to a locker before starting the game.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The building is utilized to transport visitors into a different world where they are the ultimate heroes. In Episode Two: Grandma Code Breaker, teams must escape before the bulldozer demolishes Grandma Mo’s house. The dim lighting, dated décor, and eccentric props will leave you believing you truly are at your grandma’s house.
Begging for more of this strategic thriller? Dare to test your skills in the original room, Episode One: Mo’s Safe House. A completely different feel from Grandma’s Code Breaker, this scenario will transform you into your own version of Sherlock Holmes, having to escape the room before the security system knocks you unconscious. The game offers teams an hour of team building and suspense. The facilitators are there to watch and maintain the game, providing additional clues or help if needed.
H.E.R aims to cater to all: the old and the young, the mystery lovers, and the adventurous. These adaptations of secret missions are nothing short of amazing, as meticulous attention is paid in every riddle. The challenge allows teams to unleash their inner-agent while enjoying an adrenaline-fueled experience.
Open six days a week, H.E.R offers a flexible schedule whether you are looking for a corporate, family or social event. They even offer a group picture for your team after you complete the challenge. Teams range from a minimum of four to a maximum of ten individuals. If your team is less than the maximum, often they will pair you with strangers to create a more interesting dynamic. One observer is allowed in the room. The observer must have attempted the challenge before and cannot interfere with the players being observed.
H.E.R is the first interactive escape room of its kind in the city. Visitors can expect a new room, Episode Five, very soon.
Houston Escape Room is open Tuesday–Sunday, 10 a.m–10.30 p.m. Tickets are $28 dollars per person. Special events packages are also available.
100 Jackson St #120, Houston, TX, USA, +1 (832) 786 9323
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.