San Antonio is the gateway to the Texas Hill Country. Cycle along the River Walk, play golf and soak up the eclectic food scene while staying at these upscale hotels.
Go big, but don’t go home – stay at the best luxury hotels and resorts in beautiful San Antonio, Texas. Big hearts, big smiles and big amenities are waiting. You’ll find acres of waterparks, soothing spas, outdoor adventures and plenty of downtown excitement along the vibrant River Walk, a 15mi (24km) path beside the San Antonio River.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
There’s room to roam under Texas skies at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. Stroll or bike through 300 acres (121ha) of historical Texas ranch land, tee off at a 27-hole golf course or splash the day away at the 5-acre (2ha) waterpark. Catch a cool evening breeze on a porch swing, or watch a movie on the lawn. Expect accommodations that are pleasingly upscale urban rather than country cowboy.
This 1850s former boarding school became the first San Antonio luxury hotel on the River Walk in 1968. Wrapped in Spanish charm, you’ll find timbered ceilings and wrought-iron railings. Throw open the French doors on your private balcony to let in the sights and sounds of the city, or cocoon in the courtyard pool. Make some memories on a hotel tour, scavenger hunt or riverboat ride.
Treat yourself to a walk through Peacock Alley, the opulent lobby of this luxury hotel in San Antonio. Built in 1909 and on the National Register of Historic Places, the St Anthony retains its old-world ambience, complete with high, coffered ceilings adorned with massive chandeliers. Modern amenities include a rooftop pool with a view of downtown. Service is top-notch, from the friendly front desk to five restaurants, including the St Anthony Club, a former private wood-lined bar open for casual dining.
You’ll see miles and miles of rolling Texas hills from the 35ft (11m) start platform of the tube slides at the River Bluff Water Experience. It’s the shimmering jewel at the heart of this 600-acre (243ha) park-like San Antonio resort, studded with live oaks. Float in an inner tube along the lazy river, or plunge down a heart-stopping 60ft (18m) slide into a heated pool. Choose from a wide selection of 85 suites and 1,002 rooms, all with modern decor and many with balconies to take in the outstanding surroundings.
The kid-friendly La Cantera hotel in San Antonio caters to young and old alike. Younger children can join the Kids’ Club for naturalist activities and arts and crafts, while teens will enjoy the gaming arcade. There’s also a dedicated shuttle to rollercoaster heaven at nearby Six Flags. Meanwhile, the adults-only floor, Seven, offers serenity with a full-service lounge, personal concierge and separate check-in. Float undisturbed in the adults-only infinity pool and hot tub. At night, catch the fireworks at Six Flags from your balcony – something everyone can enjoy.
If you’re looking for more unique properties, check out our guide to the best boutique hotels or hotels with pools in San Antonio – then book your stay with Culture Trip. For a wide range of accommodation, read up on the best hotels in the city.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.