Sip chocolate martinis at an art deco bar, tour in the city in a Rolls Royce or indulge in a champagne afternoon tea. Dallas is the millionaire’s city of America – and its hotels certainly reflect that. Whether your weakness is music, art or fine dining, you’ll find it in abundance at these opulent hotels.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
An art deco gem, Le Méridien is located in the Uptown Arts District. Rooms and suites are decorated in hues of blue and gold and feature the biggest walk-in closets in Dallas. The Historic Suite is stunning, with carved wood paneling, a fireplace and Tudor-style diamond windows. It’s close to IM Pei’s architectural masterpiece, the Meyerson Symphony Center, which is home to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and a favourite with music lovers.
Venture past the tall white columns and wrought iron railings to discover this turn-of-the-century tribute to New Orleans. Plush gold furnishings, marble tables and miles of hanging draperies invite you to enjoy a bygone era. Dissolve into a feather bed, complete with canopy, in front of the fireplace in one of seven suites. Dining is full European service – on Limoges china – at the award-winning restaurant, the Dining Room. Gentlemen, please bring your dinner jackets.
A former 1920s Spanish-style mansion, the Rosewood has been transformed into a luxury multi-award winning hotel. Tasteful, but not stuffy, the hotel welcomes children with Rose Buds and Rosewood Explorers programs that take advantage of nearby Turtle Creek Park. Meanwhile, parents can test drive a Lexus or enjoy a grapefruit vodka cocktail by the pool.
Opened in 2020, the Pittman has been in the centre of Dallas’ music scene for over 100 years. There are over 30 music venues in The Deep Ellum neighborhood where it stands, not to mention bars, restaurants and coffee shops where local designers and musicians mingle. Impeccably renewed, the Pittman offers historic high ceilings and huge windows that illuminate the modern decor. Hop on a free bicycle and tour musical history along the 42 Murals Project, featuring portraits of great artists, past and present.
Just 20 minutes north of Dallas, the Four Seasons Dallas is a sanctuary for intergenerational travelers. There are two championship golf courses to choose from, both recognized as Audubon sanctuaries, sheltering native flora and fauna. A lazy river meanders through the property, surrounded by inviting deck chairs. Private villas and Tower rooms and suites offer views of the verdant golf course, rosy sunsets, and the twinkling lights of Dallas. Complimentary Mercedes-Benz vehicles are standing by to whisk you to city dining establishments.
Art lovers will appreciate the way that the white-on-white palette of the Hall Arts Hotel lets the many paintings and murals speak for themselves. This property, suitably located in the Arts District, charms guests with chic decor and original art. Lights, curtains, and temperature are tablet controlled. Suites have sparkling glass-topped dining tables, contemporary L-shaped sectionals and halo-lit vanities. Pop over to the AT&T Performing Arts Center across the street to catch international acts.
It’s the little things that make a big impression at the Ritz-Carlton: the massive fresh flower arrangement that greets guests in the lobby; live entertainment on the outdoor patio; a signature in-room cocktail delivered daily; and a complimentary shoe shine overnight. Need more? Add a courtesy car by Rolls Royce and a JFK Trolley Tour, also complimentary. Not to mention the in-mirror bathroom television, glass topped writing desk and glorious views of downtown from every suite. We haven’t even talked about the Margarita scrub at the spa.
The grand dame of Dallas, the Warwick was built in 1924 in the elegant style of the day; it’s retained that mantle to become a historic landmark. Take a stroll through Turtle Creek Park, then drop in for a chocolate martini under the coffered ceiling of the Library Bar. Your Italian Fili D’Oro duvet, surrounded by lush Damask soft furnishings and draperies, will be waiting for you. Ask for the suite where Liz Taylor stayed.
Still not found your perfect stay? Read our guide to the best hotels in Dallas, or if it’s for couple’s getaway, browse our best romantic hotels in Dallas. If you fancy branching out further, why not view our selection of the best resorts across Texas? They’re all bookable through Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.