Quirky cafes, fabulous food and live music make the Texan capital a must-visit. Drop into Franklin Barbecue for mouth-watering brisket, swim in the river at Zilker Park before a night filled with bar-hopping down Dirty Sixth. Bed down at one of these local-style apartments during your next trip to Austin, and book your stay with Culture Trip.
A private two-bedroom vacation home for six, three blocks away from 6th Street. No, it doesn’t get much better than the Eastside Lodge. This fully furnished home has plenty of space inside and out for your crew to kick back and relax. All of the essentials are included, such as laundry facilities, safe parking and a barbeque grill. The ease of access to 6th Street is unrivaled, putting Rollin Smoke BBQ, the Lucky Duck and too many bars to count right in your backyard.
Although it’s on the opposite side of the Colorado River from bustling 6th Street, the Desirable Townhomes on South 1st Street will convince you that this part of Austin is just as awesome. These fully equipped two-bedroom townhomes sleep six and offer instant access to the natural beauty within the city. Lady Bird Lake and the bat haven Congress Avenue Bridge are only a short walk away. You won’t miss out on great eats either, as beloved local haunts like Odd Duck, Uchi and Lenoir offer everything from New American cuisine to Japanese and Mediterranean favorites.
Give your brain a little vacation stimulation at these single-room vacation apartment rentals in Austin. A short walk from both the University of Texas at Austin and the Museum District, tours of the campus, the Texas Memorial Museum, the Blanton Museum of Art and the Bullock Texas State History Museum are a must. Kasa Campus Spaces also features a pool, arcade room and shopping on site if you need a little mindless fun in your schedule.
Discover what apartment living in East Austin is like at these Kasa vacation rentals. You’re welcome to cannonball between the two outdoor pools as the sun kisses your body with Texas-sized tan lines. The one-bedroom apartment features both a kitchen and a private balcony, two creature comforts that you’ll savor after a night out. Speaking of, the MLK Jr Station is one block away, which means you’ll never be more than a few minutes from all of the action Downtown and on the riverfront.
No matter if you’re visiting Austin with your beau, your family or your best friends, it’s hard to beat the location of these Kasa apartments. Halfway between the Colorado River and 6th Street, these one- and two-bedroom vacation rentals each feature pet-friendly spaces and private balconies. The apartments’ swimming pool is convenient, but you’ll likely be too busy diving into the shopping strip on 2nd Street, the foodie scene on 6th Street or taking long hikes along the riverfront.
There’s one smoky reason to stay at these East Eleventh suites: Franklin’s Barbeque. If you already know, then you’ve already booked the room. To the uninitiated, Franklin’s is the spot for barbeque, rivaling every other joint in the country. Obviously, you’ll wait in a queue, but that’s a fair tradeoff for amazing barbeque. When you get back to your suite with the meat sweats, you’ll be thankful for the outdoor pool, cool air conditioning and breezy balcony.
The full kitchens in these East 5th Street suites are quite convenient – pity that you won’t use them much. Any Austinites will tell you that 6th Street has any and every kind of food you could want. These suites come in clutch with their calorie-burning fitness center and their laundry facilities that are well-versed in removing a buffet of stains from bibless shirts. The free wifi comes in handy, too, when you’re ready to be the envy of your followers.
Downtown Austin is absolutely amazing, but these suites near the Domain will prove that North Austin is a worthy destination in its own right. Across the street from hours of retail therapy and the great outdoors, you’ll roll out of your deluxe suite and into your afternoon plans in no time. The apartment pool and suite’s flat-screen TVs do provide entertainment, but the Typhoon Texas Waterpark a few more miles (kilometers) north is overflowing with fun.
Kasa’s downtown apartments let you see what it’s like to live by the lake and the river. These one- and two-bedroom apartments, in the Second Street District, are only two blocks from the water. Spend your days swimming in Lady Bird Lake or floating down the Colorado River. Dry off on the walk back to your suite, throw your clothes in the washer and dryer, then step right into Austin’s busy shopping district.
When you stand on the rooftop terrace of these Sonder Crescent suites, you’ll be happy you chose to stay on the south side of the river. Though downtown is no farther than a few minutes across the Congress Avenue Bridge, you’ll likely stay close to your studio suite. The live music at Butler Metro Park, the great restaurants lining South Congress Avenue and the amazing downtown vistas from the river will convince you to spend a few more days in your one-bedroom suite.
William Morris contributed additional reporting to this article.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.