The promise of land was the main incentive that first drew settlers to the great state of Texas—along with a mild climate and the abundance of game. Almost 200 years later and these three reasons are still high on the list of people moving to the Lone Star State. With beautiful landscapes and natural beauty, not every Texan ranch fits the Hollywood stereotype of the Wild Wild West. From equestrian estates to the perfect hunter’s lodge, here are 10 ranches currently for sale across the region, all available for a bargain.
Bulverde: Hill Country Horse Ranch – $1,300,000
Now available in the beautiful Hill Country, this gorgeous 11-acre property is perfect if you own horses—or plan to in the future. The main home is 4,044 square feet (375.7 square meters) and has five bedrooms with 3.5 bathrooms. Stunning dark stained and scored concrete floors add to the beauty of the surrounding scenery, along with knotty alder wood and granite throughout. Highlights include a covered patio with an outdoor kitchen, a fire pit, vegetable garden, and a charming guest house with three bedrooms and one bathroom. For your horses, the property includes a large arena, barn, and four stalls.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Charlotte: 135-Acre Hunting Ranch – $639,500
Perfectly situated about one hour south of San Antonio, and only 1.5 hours from the coastal town of Corpus Christi, this property is the quintessential example of a South Texas ranch where you can relax with your morning coffee on the covered wraparound porch of the main home. Featuring one bedroom, 1.5 bathrooms, and an upstairs loft, this quaint cottage sleeps up to eight people. The land itself is a mix of South Texas brush and improved pasture, perfect for supplementing a small livestock heard or for planting food plots for the abundance of deer, turkey, and dove in the area. An ideal hunter’s escape, the current owner will leave three Atascosa deer blinds and feeders with the property.
Breckenridge: 2,070-Acre Game-Fenced Hunting Ranch – $5,589,00
Located in North Texas, about 90 miles (144.8 kilometers) from Fort Worth, this property has the potential for commercial hunting development or as an excellent family ranch. The main lodge features five bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, and a large kitchen with granite counter tops, modern appliances, and a fabulous bar. The surrounding scenes are both pleasing to the eye and extremely hunter-friendly, outfitted with high-end hunting blinds and an extensive trail system for easily traversing all 2,000+ acres. For even more income potential, the ranch also includes a set of working pens to run cattle, and there are 15+ rain-fed water stock and wildlife ponds/tanks on the property.
Floresville: 1,051-Acre Irrigated Farm and Cattle Ranch – $6,253,450
If your dream is to do more than just own the land, this property is ideal; currently operating as a cattle farm, it’s also irrigated, rich with minerals, and fully equipped for farming. The acreage includes a foreman’s brick home, mobile home, office, enclosed equipment sheds, grain silos, truck scale, cattle pens, water tank and wells, irrigation systems, three miles (4.8 kilometers) of paved road, and over 66,000 square feet (557.4 square meters) of covered storage/livestock feeding areas.
Pleasanton: 27.84-Acre Oak-Covered Equestrian Estate – $1,250,000
Charming, quaint, beautiful—these words don’t begin to describe the beautiful pastures of this picturesque property. Situated five minutes from Pleasanton and less than half an hour from San Antonio, this land is a perfect distance for a country escape—with all the convenience of urban living. The luxurious main home has majestic oaks surrounding it, and you can enjoy the views from three different levels of gorgeous patio space. Nearby, the classic red horse barn boasts seven stalls for the equestrian enthusiast and another 2,400 square feet (223 square meters) of living space on its second floor.
Pleasanton: 362+ Acres With Home, Roping Arena, and Barns – $1,696,574
Also just a short drive from Pleasanton, this custom ranch-style home features three bedrooms, 3.5 baths, and an outdoor kitchen for entertaining. Currently used by the owner to pasture and condition cattle, the property includes a roping arena, horse stalls, and metal buildings. For fishing, there are two ponds with catfish and bass. Perfect for both the fisherman and the cattle owner, this land features everything needed to be a working ranch and peaceful escape.
Garwood: 180 Acres Colorado River Frontage – $1,300,000
Offering over 1,500 feet (457.2 meters) of Colorado River frontage, this 180-acre ranch features several building sites with unlimited potential. Build the house of your dreams, surrounded by beautiful oak and Texas cottonwood trees. This area of the Lone Star State is known for its duck and goose hunting, as well as great fishing for catfish on the river. The ranch has not been overgrazed, allowing native coastal prairie grasses such as Little Bluestem, Indian Grass, and Switchgrass to thrive. Wildlife on the property includes whitetail deer, hogs, dove, and ducks—a hunter’s paradise.
Junction: 200-Acre Exotic Hill Country Game Ranch – $899,950
Half an hour from Junction, Texas, this beautiful Hill Country ranch features a spacious 2,240-square-foot (208.1-square-meter) home with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and spectacular views. With 15 holding pens and a loading chute in place, the land is primed for the loading and unloading of animals. An investment in both land and wildlife, the property also includes an existing herd consisting of 45 axis deer, 25 whitetail deer, six black buck, and two aoudad rams.
Carrizo Springs: 165+ Acres of Hunter’s Paradise – $429,000
Just two hours southwest of San Antonio, this rare piece of land is a perfect weekend getaway for the hunting enthusiast. If you really want to escape the pressures of urban living, this is your place; the land features a campsite with electric hookups and endless hunting. Native wildlife includes whitetail deer, hogs, javelina, quail, dove, bobcats, varmints, and the occasional big cat.
Hondo: 154+ Acres Luxury Home & Pool on Hondo Creek – $1,700,000
The entertainer’s dream home, this beautiful eight-bedroom, seven-bathroom mansion is lavish country living at its finest. Intricate interior details include cherry wood ceilings, Swarovski crystal chandeliers, and wall panels brought in from classic architecture in nearby San Antonio—it has all the potential of a gorgeous weddings and events space. Of course, a major highlight is the oversized saltwater swimming pool—perfect for entertaining with its 2,600 square feet (241.5 square meters) of concrete decking and 1,800 square feet (167.2 square meters) of covered area. Survey the stunning countryside views from the game room upstairs, surrounded by roughly 70 acres of lush South Texas brush and large century oaks. The property also includes a beautiful 10-acre lake stocked for fishing, as well as 3,100 feet (396.2 meters) of scenic Hondo Creek frontage.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.