Explore Travellers Rest – the 1799 home of Memphis founder Judge John Overton and the oldest house open to the public in Nashville – before settling into one of our recommended hotels, all bookable on Culture Trip.
Find yourself in the center of Music City, where you’ll discover the buzzing honky-tonks, the Country Music Hall of Fame, the amazing Appalachian cuisine and the brand-new National Museum of African American music. Time to get stuck in.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This charming, fully-restored luxury boutique inn dating back to 1921 – located right in the heart of Nashville – will give you a truly local flavor of the famed Nashville hospitality. The four warm, homely-yet-classy, individually decorated rooms – in relaxing cream-colored hues – all offer free Wi-Fi, some have exposed stone walls and free-standing tubs and the basement room even has its own pool table. Breakfast is served off-site at three local restaurants and parking is free.
If you want to live like a Nashville local – albeit a local living the high life in a shiny apartment building – then this is the place for you. A mile (1.6km) from Interstate 40, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and the trendy Gulch neighborhood, this accommodation is a Scandinavian minimalist’s dream – with high-end finishing. There is an excellent rooftop bar, a luxury minimart and a brand new atrium dining experience.
Homely is the first – and last – word here. Set in this gorgeous 1920s southern belle of a bungalow, typical of the architecture of the area, this quaint B&B with a garden is located in Belmont-Hillsboro: a charming, vibrant neighborhood with rolling hills and trendy restaurants. The generous and flexible breakfast offering includes locally brewed coffee, freshly baked bread and many cooked options. The excellent accommodation is all muted tones and luxury fittings.
A grand and traditional hotel built in 1910 from a group effort of Nashville’s community, the Hermitage will give you the kind of epic American hotel experience that you’ve seen in the movies. The classic accommodation offers generous living and sleeping areas with excellent amenities, such as complimentary Wi-Fi, plush robes and soft bedding, Bose docking stations and a nightly turndown service – and even a pillow menu. Amenities include an excellent spa, mini-mart and an on-site grill and bar.
On the edge of the very happening Gulch district, this very funky – and sometimes deliciously camp – hotel will get you into the Nashville state of mind as soon as you enter the lobby. Eclectic, country music-themed rooms have a retro vibe and feature bright, pastel floral furnishings with very luxurious bathrooms. The rooftop restaurant and bar, White Limozeen, boasts stunning skyline views, and there’s a karaoke bar and a beautiful – and fabulously ostentatious – lobby-level café, Poindexter.
A 15-minute walk from the Frist Art Museum, five minutes on foot from the Ryman Auditorium and just 9mi (14km) from the newly expanded Nashville International Airport, Dream Nashville boasts 168 incredible art deco-inspired rooms. With high ceilings and pops of color – think deep crimson and blue jewel tones – and opulent finishes, each room breathes an air of luxury. There are six dining and nightlife options, a sleek fitness center, a café, a gym and even an optional butler service. In essence, it’s a stunner.
Set in the downtown commercial district, this stylish hotel – where timeless style meets modern sensibility and service reigns supreme – is 1mi (1.6km) from the Country Music Hall of Fame and has just the right balance of luxury and rebellious spirit. Luxurious mid-century-inspired rooms will make you think you’re in a Nashville-based episode of Mad Men, and facilities include two restaurants, a cafe and bar, plus a gym, meeting space and a vintage-style lounge.
Looking for somewhere different to stay? Book into one of the best historic hotels in Nashville, or treat yourself to a top luxury hotel. Inspire your itinerary with the most beautiful gardens in the city; for the adventurous, check out the best hikes nearby. Don’t miss the best restaurants in downtown Nashville.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.