Wrapping its shores around the snake-like Tennessee River, Chattanooga is your gateway to the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. The Volunteer State’s staples can all be found downtown, including foot-stomping country tunes, homemade Southern recipes and all the whiskey you can drink – or think you can drink. Looking to do Chattanooga on a budget? It’s not impossible, especially when you can snag a room at one of these amazing, yet cheap, hotels in downtown Chattanooga – all bookable with Culture Trip.
Fancy a stay at the Mayor’s Mansion Inn without going into debt? This historic B&B has room for your budget if you have room for a complimentary three-course breakfast every morning. Free parking, grab-and-go snacks and wifi are all standard amenities, no matter which refined yet charming room you sleep in. Splurge a little for your beau and wine, massages and even sunset cruises can be included with your stay.
Pencil in a vacation without turning off work mode – Bode Chattanooga’s co-working spaces give you a remote office and a home-away-from-home for a great rate. Wake up in a one-, two- or three-bedroom room, grab your morning joe from the Porch and type the day away at your dedicated desk. When five o’clock hits, it’s time to slam the laptop shut and hit Sidebar for craft cocktails with your new coworkers.
Need a place to crash in Chattanooga that won’t break the bank? Slide into a group bunk room at this uncommon hostel and make a few friends, while you save a few bucks. Though it’s planted in the thick of the city, the Crash Pad is also a great base camp for kayaking, hiking, biking and more –adventures which the staff will gladly help you tackle if hopping the neighborhood bars isn’t your scene.
If you’ve got a Gatsby-esque style but without the budget to match, you’ll find that the Read House is the sweet spot between modern comfort and luxury Chattanooga charm. Steps from the Riverwalk, aquarium and the best of the city center, the dual buildings that create the Read House will delight you with the indoor pool, full-service Starbucks coffeehouse and a lovely sundeck that will illuminate that book you’ve long-tried to finish.
A hotel with a spa, a rooftop bar and a few paces from the river – all for a great price. The Edwin Hotel is primed with unparalleled luxury for an unbeatable rate. Riverfront rooms with balconies? Done. Lavish body wraps and massages? At the ready. Tapas and whiskey on the rooftop Whiskey Lounge? You’ll have such a spoiled time at the Edwin that you won’t believe this is an affordable hotel until you see how full your wallet still is.
Swanky, luxurious, retro and pretty much any other adjective save for pricey, the Dwell Hotel is a stylish affair. Each uniquely designed room will tickle you with colorful furnishings and lively wallpapers. Rendezvous in the Solarium and drinks under the stars at their Matilda Midnight bar open up a world of social possibilities. Once a Civil War fort, the Dwell Hotel is a site soaked in history that offers an overnight experience you won’t soon forget.
Moxy is ready to give you a warm welcome to Chattanooga’s Southside, without burning up your budget. Say cheers to a free cocktail the moment you pick up your hotel key. Drop your bags, take a quick snooze on your platform bed, then head out to sample the best whiskeys in the state. No rideshare needed – the Southside has enough watering holes to fill the Tennessee River.
You don’t need to drop a lot of green to stay at Hotel Indigo. These downtown digs save you cab fare with their excellent proximity to Tivoli Theatre and AT&T Field. Views along the Riverwalk are completely free, the perfect price point if you want to walk off the affordable pub grub and craft beer at the hotel’s restaurant and bar. With the mini-fridge and coffee maker in your room, feel free to reheat and refuel without an extra penny spent.
For more great places to stay in Chattanooga, book one of the best luxury hotels in the city now, via Culture Trip. Or if you’re bringing a four-legged friend along, make sure you vacation in one of the best pet-friendly hotels in the city.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.