Walk along a lightly traveled trail for a little quiet time, then cuddle next to a crackling fireplace while nibbling on chocolate-covered strawberries. If this sounds like your perfect couple’s getaway, whisk your partner away to the Poconos. This eastern Pennsylvania mountain range will capture your attention and heart with beautiful resorts, romantic inns and cozy cabin nights. Here’s our pick – bookable on Culture Trip.
Say “I do” all over again at the Pocono Palace Resort. Even if an elaborate vow renewal celebration isn’t your cup of tea, pop a bottle of champagne and schedule a professional photo session to capture your love forever. Give the apple of your eye a truly unforgettable experience by reserving the Fantasy Apple suite. This three-level circular suite has a blue-shaded skylight and plexiglass floors that overlook your private pool and blue heart-shaped whirlpool.
If a log-burning fireplace, a king-size bed and a heart-shaped whirlpool for two are all you and your love need, then Cove Haven Resort has you covered. The pampering extends far beyond the room, though, with unlimited breakfast, dinner and nightlife all included with your stay, giving the two of you a perfect excuse to order another round of room service that you can dance off at one of the on-site weekly concerts.
Romance may seem difficult with an infant on your lap, but Skytop Lodge makes your new baby getaway effortless. Cribs and pack ‘n’ plays can be sent to your room – accompanied by a bottle of champagne, a milk and cookies plate, a fruit and cheese platter or countless other treats to spoil your partner. Strap the babe to your chest and head off on a quiet hike through the lodge’s private trails, crossing your fingers that your bundle of joy stays sleeping long enough to snag a quick cocktail in the Library Lounge.
Get to know yourself and your partner a little better at the Lodge at Woodloch. With a host of art classes, mindfulness exercises, outdoor experiences and culinary delights that will spark conversation and rediscovery, it’s ideal for new couples or those who feel the need to reconnect. At night, relax on the balcony, talking about your sound therapy session and who was better at hatchet throwing.
Embrace each other and the finer things in life at Hotel Fauchère. With fine art adorning the property, a private conservatory and an enclosed garden, this refined hotel was made for strolls and holding hands. Reserve a romantic getaway package and watch your spouse smile at the roses, chocolate-covered strawberries and bottle of bubbly waiting in the room at check-in. Keep the fire burning with a private night beside the garden’s firepit while cuddling beneath a complimentary blanket.
You love paintball, laser tag and minigolf, while your partner loves snow tubing, pedal boat rides and long walks in the woods. Paradise Stream Resort is a match made in heaven for the two of you. Dozens of indoor and outdoor activities are yours to experience together. KanJam, spikeball and lawn jarts will send you home with funny stories to tell, but if you’re not feeling too adventurous, a hot chocolate couple’s massage may hit your sweet spot.
Book the babymoon you won’t regret at Stroudsmoor Country Inn. Spend those last precious pre-baby moments in the luxurious Ledgemere suite, with its Italian marble bathroom, cozy fireplace and relaxing whirlpool. Brighten up the babymoon with complimentary breakfast and dinner bookending an afternoon spa treatment for two. As you pour a few flutes of sparkling cider at your wet bar and nibble on berries by the fireplace, you’ll be tempted to book your post-baby getaway here, too.
No matter who you love, the adults-only Rainbow Mountain Resort invites all couples and allies of the LGBTQ community to stay and play in the Poconos. Splashing in the pool, working up a sweat on the tennis court, relaxing in the hot tub – there’s more than one spot to lay down a towel on this 26-acre (11ha) resort. If you get enough evenings cuddled up at home, dance the night away at the on-site Hayloft Playroom dance club.
Still looking for accommodation in the area? Check out our guide to the best resorts in the Poconos, then book your stay now on Culture Trip. Extend your honeymoon to the largest city in Pennsylvania by booking one of the most romantic hotels in Philadelphia now.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.