From the tree-covered Blue Ridge Mountains to the extensive beaches of the Outer Banks and thriving cities of Raleigh and Charlotte, it’s no wonder thousands choose North Carolina in the USA for their vacation spot every year. You’ll need a basecamp you can truly relax in and these apartments perfectly capture the hip vibe of the Old North State.
The recently refurbished 100-year-old Windsor is a fantastic choice for guests wanting to spend a longer, more luxurious, stay in the city. A stone’s throw from Asheville’s vibrant center, with some of the city’s best restaurants, breweries and galleries within walking distance, Windsor is an ideal option for guests wanting to explore the city as much as possible. The suites are individually furnished, with a separate kitchen, living room and bedroom. For an extra element of relaxation, use the Windsor’s inhouse spa which has a number of recuperating treatments available to book.
An easy and effortless option for short or long term stays in downtown Charlotte, Kasa apartments are furnished with everything you’d need during your trip, offering guests an authentic home away from home experience. Well suited for business visitors, the building has 24-hour self check-in and -out and a complimentary business wifi, making it super simple to get some work done during your stay. Outside of the working week, the apartments are just a short walk from some of the city’s best local restaurants, bars, and shopping.
Based in North Hills, the top dining and entertainment district in Raleigh, Hyatt House is a striking hotel well suited for guests wanting to discover the city’s nightlife. Each apartment is carefully crafted and features thought-out touches such as a dedicated desk space for work trips, a cozy corner sofa sleeper for guests and a pristine ensuite bathroom. A short trip from some of the city’s true cultural highlights such as the Red Hat amphitheater and North Carolina Museum of Art, as well as the family favourite Kings Dining & Entertainment bowling complex in North Hills.
Housed in the scenic Chetola resort in the tranquil Blue Ridge Mountains, these condos are the perfect excuse to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The condos themselves are traditionally furnished but retain a number of contemporary creature comforts such as a whirlpool bathtub, a washer/dryer duo and a fully equipped kitchenette in every one. For a truly relaxing and recuperating stay away, book yourself for a treatment or two at Chetola’s premium inhouse spa, offering a wide range of massages, facials and therapies.
If you’re looking for something a little more unique during your stay in the state, why not try the Hive in Wilmington. Each of its distinctive apartments have been pieced together by local designer Robert Hertzog, with individual furnishings and original art in each room. Outside of the lavish interiors, the Hive’s rooms have some fantastic amenities, including king size beds, state of the art 4K TVs and access to their fitness center all included in the price.
Part of the renowned Biltmore estate, The Residences at Biltmore offers chic accommodation in the heart of Asheville. There are several condos available to hire, from snug studios to the stately executive suites. All feature a fantastic collection of amenities, including a stacked fireplace, satellite TV and private balcony as standard. But it’s the inhouse facilities that really shine, with a luxurious spa, 24-hour concierge service and the Azalea restaurant, serving up southern comfort food classics.
A charming guesthouse overlooking the serene waters of Roanoke Sound, the Oasis Suites Hotel is a welcoming option for visitors wanting to elongate their stay in North Carolina. First opened as a restaurant nearly 70 years ago, the hotel now has plenty of guest suites ranging from executive and honeymoon to family. Each suite comes fully furnished, with a kitchenette stocked with everything you’d need to create a delicious home cooked meal, and a pristine bathroom with a jet spa-inspired bathtub.
Located in the sun-kissed town of Nags Head in NC’s Outer Banks and featuring some of the state’s most picturesque lakeside vistas, the lovingly reconstructed Whalebone Ocean Cottages are a great choice for a well-deserved getaway. Each of the seven cottages comes with a fully stocked kitchen, free wifi access and dependent on the time of year, a communal pool for you and your guests to make full use of. If you’re looking to get out and about, Nags Head has plenty of activities to get involved in, from bike rentals to diving, horse riding and a huge choice of water sports.
Part of the popular Outer Banks resort, the Beach Club has an extensive range of one, two or three bedroom suites to choose from. Perfect for weekend getaways or longer stays, the suites have everything you’d need to vacation your own way, including a full kitchen set-up, a front and back deck and king size beds in the main bedrooms as standard. The resort itself features a variety of fantastic facilities, including indoor and outdoor pools, a shuffleboard court and plenty of playgrounds to keep the whole family happy.
Looking for more places to stay in North Carolina? Check out the best hotels in North Carolina for every traveler, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.