Here’s every great eatery you can visit in SoHo while the sky is still dark.
It’s after 11pm. You’re in SoHo. Maybe you’ve have had a couple of cocktails at a nearby bar, or you’ve simply left your apartment for a late-night bite. Stores have long shuttered for the evening, but luckily there are plenty of kitchens open until the early hours of the morning, plating hunks of charred jerk chicken or heating up wonderfully greasy slices of pizzas. You just need to know where to look.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
If you’re eating at Prince Street Pizza, you’re eating one thing: the Spicy Spring square. The thick, doughy slice trumps all other square slices (Detroit-style, Sicilian, grandma, what have you), topped with fra diavolo sauce, ribbons of fresh mozzarella, and rounds of pepperoni that crisp and curl up in the oven, pooling with pockets of oil. You won’t be the only one zig-zagging to PSP, though; on any given night, a line spills out along Prince Street. Since the no-frills spot is open until 4am on Saturdays and Sundays, you should always expect a wait.
Two things are always happening no matter what hour you stumble into Miss Lily’s: reggae music is pumping from the speakers, and platters of jerk chicken are flowing out of the kitchen. These charred hunks of bone-in chicken are slick with a sticky, spicy sauce and flush with mango chutney and cucumber rounds. Order at least one plate, then pair it with a couple of smaller dishes to share like mac & cheese pie, sweet plantains, or jerk corn drizzled with toasted coconut.
Long before SoHo became cool, there was Raoul’s, the clubby French bistro known for steak au poivre (pepper steak) and fashionable locals fanning out across the bar, cigarettes in hand. Nowadays, it’s got that same buzzy feel—minus the tobacco—and has maintained its late-night status for strong drinks and chic clientele. If you’re not game to be seated, perch yourself at the bar to try to snag the elusive burger (only a handful are served per night), or just snack on a platter of crisp hand-cut fries.
Black Tap may have become famous for its superfluous, candy-coated milkshakes, but there’s plenty more to the menu—especially if you’re craving something savory after midnight. Burgers come in a variety of iterations (think everything from an all-American burger to a pizza burger cloaked with tomato sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan) and arrive flanked by salt-flecked French fries. The menu also boasts a towering platter of spicy Korean BBQ wings, as well as a crispy chicken sandwich with coleslaw and spicy mayo plopped on top.
On the outside, Fanelli Cafe doesn’t look like much. Despite the fact that it’s perched on the bustling corner of Mercer and Prince Street, it’s easy to walk by—after all, it was once a speakeasy. But the innocuous dive is known for pub fare—the kind of bar food you’ll find at a diner, but much, much better: crisp mozzarella sticks, potato skins crowned with cheese, jalapeño poppers, and chicken fingers flush with honey mustard sauce.
After opening in 1992, Blue Ribbon Brasserie quickly became an iconic brasserie patronized by hungry off-duty chefs in the early hours of the morning. The place may no longer have that connotation, but the dining room is still open until 4 in the morning every day. The food here certainly isn’t cheap, but there are few places you can order a plate of chicken wings followed by foie gras terrine.
If the smells of spices and grilled chicken don’t yank you to this halal cart on the corner of Broadway and Houston, then the flickering neon lights certainly will. The menu is pretty extensive here—everything from hot dogs to mozzarella sticks—but the move is always the $5 chicken over rice, dripping in white, red, or green sauce. Here, the chicken is grilled on the flat top until charred, chopped into hunks, and plated over a generous portion of rice, in (what else?) a floppy, white styrofoam container.
If you’re looking for a place to stay whilst you’re in the area, why not book a stay at one of the best hotels in SoHo through Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.