Rushing around the streets of New York City is a thrill, but eventually seeking serenity within a Korean spa has become de rigueur even for true-blue New Yorkers. These retreats from the concrete jungle are scattered throughout the Big Apple, ready to pamper you with the full-body treatments that’ll relax you from head to toe. Take a break from the grind, slip on a robe and give your mind, body and soul the care it deserves at these top Korean spas in New York City.
Set against Powell’s Cove Park in Queens, Spa Castle is a dreamy destination worth venturing across the East River for. The urban resort, while family-friendly, is just as good a place for family-free me-time. Modern and traditional spa treatments await you, in between sessions at the four pools, eight saunas, hot tub, sun deck and sleeping zone. The Signature Korean Body Scrub employs millions of bubbles to wash away dead skin and remove impurities, leaving only a glowing complexion. Adorn your face with a regal 24k Golden Mask, because your pearly whites deserve nothing less than a golden frame.
When it comes to indulging at New York Spa & Sauna, this traditional Korean day spa insists on no shirt, no shoes and no other articles of clothing for that matter. The dress code in the gender-separate bathing areas is strictly birthday-suit only. Treat yourself to a soak in the hot tub, a sit in the steam room and a quiet moment in the dry sauna, while enjoying cleansing showers in between. Desire more pampering? Throw on a robe and wander upstairs where invigorating body scrubs and massages, plus Korean food for afterward, are only an elevator ride away.
Juvenex Spa is the ultimate Korean spa in New York City. Before you even walk in, you’ll be quite satisfied with its prime Manhattan location surrounded by Korean BBQ joints. Saunter inside the 24/7 spa and, no matter the time of day or night, prepare for four phases of pampering. Your transcendent Jade Journey begins with destressing in the Diamond Herbal Steam Sauna and a dip in the Cold Rainforest Shower. Nourish your body in a Japanese-style soaking tub, choosing any seaweed, ginseng or specialty soak you desire. A final rest in the clay sauna will draw toxins out and leave you ready to treat your chi to an energy-balancing therapy massage.
Whereas it should be no secret that the best Korean spas in New York City are within Koreatown, you’ll still be surprised at just how transformative an afternoon at Aura Wellness Spa can be. Four unique therapeutic grottoes are designed to soften the skin, remove toxins and boost your metabolism. Find a moment of solitude in a DermaLife pod for a spot of water therapy. Top it all off with a massage designed to improve circulation, and you’ll leave without an ounce of stress.
Your lucky number will certainly be 32 when you leave this Koreatown spa. No need to take time off work or reserve a special day on your calendar; this urban wellness retreat stays open after midnight to ensure you can pencil in a facial or body massage on a whim. Let a deep-cleansing facial sink into your cheeks and return with impurities to discard. Feel the hot oil soothe your skin and loosen your muscles during a Shiatsu deep-tissue massage. Even on a busy day, a foot reflexology treatment – complete with a neck and shoulder massage – can turn a lunch break into a spa day.
The authentic Korean body scrub is justifiably the most popular treatment at Tribeca Spa of Tranquility. But it’s just the beginning. The spa’s alternative wellness treatments are unlike any other in the city. Their exclusive Catio Lift facial defies surgery with its age-defying and smoothing potential. The Ionithermie Body Treatment promises to shed inches from your waistline. From Gold Therapy massages to seaweed body wraps and cucumber masks, this spot delivers transformative results inside and out.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This is an updated rewrite of an article originally by Julia Goicochea.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.