The Brooklyn Museum is one of the premier museums in New York City and one of the oldest in the US, with roots dating back to 1823. It’s continually evolving, with a wide range of permanent exhibits and international traveling shows focusing on dance, fashion and performance art. Planning your visit to NYC? These are the best hotels near the Brooklyn Museum – bookable on Culture Trip.
Known for its world-renowned collection of Egyptian art, the Brooklyn Museum galleries also hold American paintings and sculptures, including Judy Chicago’s 1979 tribute to women throughout history, The Dinner Party. Don’t miss the adjacent Brooklyn Botanic Garden, especially when the blossoms appear each spring in the Cherry Esplanade. To take full advantage of the area, stay nearby at one of these hotels.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
See and be seen at the William Vale, the chic Williamsburg hotel with stunning views of the Manhattan skyline from glass-lined balconies in each of the 183 rooms. The Vale Garden Residence tops them all with a two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath duplex suite and a 1,632sqft (152sqm) terrace with a hot tub. Visit the best craft breweries and vintage clothing shops in the neighborhood, and snap selfies at the free public pool and 35 acres (14ha) of green space in nearby McCarren Park.
Enjoy the real Brooklyn at the Brooklyn, a boutique hotel with rooms and suites sporting brick walls and reclaimed wood accents. It’s a short walk to the A and C subway trains for trips to Manhattan, the Brooklyn Bridge or the coastline joys of Coney Island. The Brooklyn Museum, the Brooklyn Academy of Music and the Crown Heights North Historic District are all within a 2mi (3km) radius.
Fun and friendly, the Nu Hotel Brooklyn earns high marks from visitors for its outstanding guest services. The 93 loft-style rooms feature Brooklyn-inspired murals created by local artists and elevated amenities such as L’Occitane bath products, Keurig coffee makers and a complimentary continental breakfast. Families will love the bunk-bed suite with a blackboard in the bath where kids can create their own murals. Take a ferry across Buttermilk Channel to picnic, rent a bike or kayak around nearby Governors Island.
The true mark of a good hotel is the number of returning guests, and Le Jolie has many. You’ll appreciate the city views and that NYC rarity, free parking, but it’s the helpful staff that’ll keep you coming back. The location is ideal, near two subway stations, McCarren Park’s free swimming pool and tennis courts, and many great restaurants and nightspots, including the Knitting Factory. Spotless Euro-style rooms boast feather pillows, high-thread-count sheets and mini-fridges.
The pared-down and efficient Pod is perfect for playtime in Brooklyn. The tidy bedrooms have comfortable beds, glass-walled showers and small work desks. Tuck your luggage away and head for the wide-open garden courtyard or the shared terrace for quality time with fellow guests. The helpful staff will point the way to the best restaurants and bars in trendy Williamsburg. Visit the Apple store next door with the money you save.
The 174 rooms at the Tillary Hotel are decked out in velvet and gold, waiting to welcome you into their mid-century modern ambience. Choose from generously sized rooms and suites that raise the bar with Frette linens and luxe bath amenities. After a good night’s rest, enjoy a breathtaking walk across the Brooklyn Bridge just seven minutes away, or hop on the subway into Manhattan. The TRoom Café, with a menu of all-local Brooklyn items, will be waiting to welcome you back.
The Ace Hotel Brooklyn brings industrial chic to new heights in Boerum Hill. Dominated by concrete, exposed brick and ironwork, every room has huge loft-style windows offering views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty. It’s Brutalist architecture 2.0. The vibe is balanced by mid-century modern furnishings, tactile fabric wall hangings and an indoor garden lobby with a floor-to-ceiling living wall of plants. Hop on the 2 or 3 subway lines a block away to reach the Brooklyn Museum in 15 minutes or less.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.