Even visitors to the city that never sleeps can need a break. These NYC spa hotels – bookable with Culture Trip – provide opportunities to escape with treatments, fitness classes and even free snacks.
A trip to the Big Apple is often a heady whirlwind of sightseeing, shopping and fine dining that can leave you feeling heavy-limbed. Once you’ve taken in the neon glow of Times Square and soared up the cloud-brushing pinnacle of the Empire State Building, bring yourself down to earth with a day of pampering in a rejuvenating spa hotel.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Greenwich Hotel’s global influences are highlighted by its Moroccan-tiled bathrooms, Swedish Duxiana beds and hand-loomed Tibetan rugs. The hotel’s Shibui Spa, meanwhile, is focused on Japanese body and skin treatments. Moody lanterns light this underground retreat offering poolside meditation, traditional shiatsu and more. Emerging cleansed, you can return to neutral-toned rooms elevated by soothing sage greens and indulgent amenities including treat-lined minibars and extra-deep soaking baths. Music lovers can also book in a visit to the fascinating ARChive of Contemporary Music, a treasure trove of recordings and memorabilia just a brief walk away.
This Upper East Side hotel is famous for its art collection, including works by artists such as Jenny Holzer and William Kentridge. The Surrey’s other claim to fame is Cornelia Spa, an intimate space known for its near-silent environment. Visitors consult with Cornelia technicians about treatments such as ancient Chinese reflexology and hydrating caviar masks before retiring to an exclusive library. An amuse-bouche cupcake tasting from Cornelia’s own Bouquet Bar caps off the experience.
Anyone lucky enough to have stayed at this five-star icon will understand why it is synonymous with pampering. Following afternoon tea at the Palm Court, guests can continue indulging at the Guerlain Spa. The centuries-old French brand showcases its luxury products in treatments including the Abeille Royale Honey Repair – using royal jelly from Guerlain’s renowned bees – and the two-masseuse Imperial Massage. The rooms take a straightforward approach to classic luxury with a traditional gold-and-white palette punctuated by velvet chairs and regal paintings. Amenities are equally lavish, with blackout curtains ensuring undisturbed rest and a 24-hour butler service for those who’ve splurged on a swanky suite.
Glass-enclosed rainfall showers and televisions built into bathroom mirrors pamper guests at the Langham before they even pass through its spa’s moon gate. The indulgence continues inside Chuan Body + Soul, where therapies involving bamboo, stone and natural skincare products honor traditional Chinese medicine. Treatments such as the Intensive Hair and Scalp Massage and the Chuan Mini Feet Retreat make this spa great for stress relief.
A towering glass structure in stylish SoHo, the Dominick presents elegant luxury through velvet furnishings and floor-to-ceiling windows that offer instantly Instagrammable views of the Hudson River. The Babor Spa provides high-performing treatments ranging from its signature anti-ageing body ritual to its detoxifying Moroccan hammam. Opt for one of the chromotherapy experience showers for a technicolor session of light-based treatment, or take in the glow of golden hour from the cabana of the Terrace on 7 pool. Top off the day with a transporting flight to jalisco cocktail – a tantalizing concoction of crème de violette, grapefruit, lime and tequila – in the Mezzanine restaurant.
Looking for the best view in town? Check into one of the best hotels with a balcony in NYC, or for a relaxing stay, discover our pick of the best spa hotels in New York City, all bookable now on Culture Trip. For more wellness opportunities, see the best Korean spas in New York City.
Chloe Byrne contributed additional reporting to this article.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.