Williamsburg is the unofficial center of the rich history and counterculture of Brooklyn, and its hotels reflect the neighborhood’s unique charms. From a converted factory to a luxury hotel with world-class amenities, this is where the industrial and modern collide. Check out our guide to hotels in Williamsburg, Brooklyn – one of New York City’s coolest neighborhoods.
North Williamsburg’s McCarren Hotel and Pool attracts as many Brooklynites as it does travelers. The lifestyle hotel in Williamsburg offers stunning social spaces, including a year-round rooftop deck featuring one of New York’s biggest heated pools, as well as 64 rooms and suites. Views of McCarren Park and glass-enclosed rain showers don’t disappoint, either.
A pillar of the Williamsburg skyline, this 22-floor behemoth is one of the best hotels in Williamsburg and home to Westlight, one of the neighborhood’s hottest rooftop bars, the city’s longest outdoor pool and a restaurant set in an Airstream trailer. Throw in film screenings and curated markets, and the William Vale defines luxury with a Brooklyn twist.
As one of the neighborhood’s more affordable stays, Pod Brooklyn is all about saving both money and space. The chain’s signature rooms, made compact by bunk beds and small yet functional desks, are ideal for budget travelers who value efficiency. If claustrophobia sets in, you can escape to one of this pod hotel in Williamsburg’s four rooftops and various green courtyards.
For business travelers looking for places to stay in Williamsburg, the Condor Hotel is perfect. Here, practical amenities include free continental breakfast and in-room kitchenettes. Meeting rooms are also available for a fee and, once you’re ready to start your day, step outside to experience one of the city’s liveliest neighborhoods.
At the Williamsburg Hotel, you can enjoy a range of perks and quirks, from chauffeur-driven tuk-tuk rides to high tea service on weekends. Other offerings include all-day bike rentals and a whole host of pet amenities for your furry friend, who is more than welcome at this hotel in Williamsburg. A stylish space featuring plenty of exposed brick and locally made toiletries, there’s nothing else out there quite like this unique Brooklyn hotel.
At the Hoxton, the unorthodox British brand’s first US outpost, rooms come in just two sizes, cozy or roomy. Both are fairly compact but have everything you need for a comfortable stay. The hotel’s attention to detail is seen in the helpful notebooks offering information and tips on the area, and the 10-book library curated individually for each room. You’ll also get beautiful Manhattan views. Come nightfall, the city’s hipsters gather on the stylish rooftop bar for the best cocktails in town – why not join them?
With an ethos set on establishing a sustainable future, 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge leads with low-energy bulbs, five-minute shower timers – to gently remind guests of their water usage – and locally sourced ingredients in its buzzy café. Rooms at this boutique hotel in Williamsburg are decorated in a calming color palette and naturally sourced furnishings, while a handy tap is built into the wall to provide three-times filtered drinking water. If your budget allows, upgrade to a room with stunning Brooklyn Bridge views.
Erring on a more corporate side than most hotels in hipster Williamsburg, Hotel Indigo is an ideal pit stop for those on business or simply just looking for modern comforts. Highlights include a refreshing seasonal pool complete with fully stocked bar and sun deck, plus on-site subway train access. In keeping with the hotel’s esthetic, the rooms are contemporary, with simple design, enormous beds and Gilchrist and Soames toiletries.
Situated slap bang in the middle of Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Bridge outpost of the Marriott chain of hotels offers 638 rooms and 28 suites with every modern-day amenity. Its indoor lap pool and hot tub will tempt you in for both exercise and relaxation; there’s also an on-site spa and a fitness center for active travelers. Location is key here, and culture vultures are just steps away from Brooklyn Botanical Garden and the Brooklyn Museum.
Wythe Hotel bills itself as “the original Brooklyn hotel,” even though it only opened in 2012. It lies within a century-old factory building on Williamsburg’s historic waterfront. Today, the 70-room Williamsburg hotel features modern updates such as heated concrete floors and cell phone-controlled surround sound in every room.
Additional reporting by Naomi Chadderton.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.