While in New Jersey, Cherry Hill is very close to Philadelphia and prides itself on being fun and family friendly, as well as being a former residence of Muhammad Ali. Visitors regularly take the 15-minute trip from Philadelphia to experience the laid-back vibe and to see the town’s main attractions — the Garden State Discovery Museum, Croft Farms, the Cherry Hill Mall, and for would-be sommeliers, the Wine Room. You’ll definitely work up an appetite exploring everything this town has to offer. Here are 10 of the best restaurants in the area.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Caffe Aldo Lamberti
Restaurant, Italian, Seafood, Vegetarian, Vegan, $$
The fine Italian dining on offer at Caffe Aldo Lamberti has made the restaurant something of a South Jersey landmark for over 27 years. The attractive Art Deco building is home to a number of hidden treasures, most notably the Tuscan, Sonoma and Bordeaux wine cellars, all of which can play host to private parties and some 15,000 bottles of award-winning wine. The menu hosts the best in new Italian dining, with changing seasonal additions, and Aldo’s raw bar, which showcases the best seafood that the East Coast has to offer. With fresh dishes with prime ingredients and an elegant atmosphere, it offers an unmissable fine, authentic Italian dining experience.
The Farm and Fisherman Tavern + Market
Restaurant, American, Vegan, Vegetarian, Fast Food, $
As the second iteration of chef-owner Josh and Colleen Lawler’s restaurants, The Farm and Fisherman Tavern + Market already had a high level of prestige behind it upon opening. And it has lived up to the hype. The couple is driven by a passion for local, seasonal cuisine, and out of this, they have built this family-friendly tavern and market, which keeps locals well fed whether they want to eat in, take away or pick up some farm fresh groceries. The menu is varied, with the changing supper plates including a mixture of fresh meats, seafood, generous vegetarian and gluten-free offerings in addition to their salads.
Gambino’s Italian Eatery and Pizzeria
No matter how into fine dining you are, you would be incorrect to say that there are many meals more satisfying than a perfectly cooked pizza. Gambino’s serves up fine Italian cuisine and a delectable selection of gourmet pizzas, strombolis, and calzones, with the added bonus of being BYOB. The pizza dough is all made fresh on the premises daily, and you have the choice of medium, large, by the slice, Sicilian, or the special pizza turnover. The other great attractions on the menu are Giovanni’s homemade arancini rice balls, which come in meat or vegetarian options, and the homemade Gambino’s focaccia. It’s hearty cooking and dining — just like the Sicilians do it.
Hong Kong Fusion
Restaurant, Fusion, Thai, Chinese, Asian, Contemporary, $
Hong Kong Fusion takes you on a culinary journey to the fresh markets of Kowloon, showcasing the freshness and excitement that led to Cantonese cuisine being so popular in the first place. The restaurant is minimal yet elegant, and they have transferred this elegance into their dishes. Seafood is a speciality here, with the shrimp, scallops and salmon being particularly of note. The staff is happy to recommend the different sauce styles, and the chef’s specials are also worth a try.
A comfortable old-world atmosphere greets guests as they arrive at Il Villaggio, coupled with an emphasis on quality and style throughout the decor, service and cuisine. It is one of the town’s most popular spots for events, as well as being a go-to place for date nights. The lush, elegant interior shows that old warm charm can indeed be coupled with style. The menu features all of your staples of good Italian cuisine including pastas, veal, meat, and seafood, all with fresh ingredients and coated in rich, delicious sauces that give the dishes an enviable depth of flavor and a taste of the Mediterranean. Try the beef carpaccio to start if you are feeling adventurous.
A Little Thai Kitchen
Restaurant, Thai, Seafood, Asian, Vegan, Vegetarian, $
There is a reason that Thai food has arguably overtaken Chinese cuisine as the Asian food of choice for North Americans, and A Little Thai Kitchen showcases all the best things from one of the great jewels of east Asia. It is a family-owned and run restaurant, and you will receive a warm welcome from all of the staff, who pride themselves in their hospitality and passion about their food. The dishes are made using the finest and freshest ingredients, and you will find a selection of the most authentic Thai dishes on the menu. The pad Thai is second to none, as is the selection of Thai curries, and for a fusion of east and west, try the spaghetti seafood.
Bar, Restaurant, Sushi, Japanese, Asian, $
Mikado means ‘Emperor’ in Japanese, and this steak house and sushi bar has certainly positioned itself as a ruler among restaurants in Cherry Hill. Since it opened in 1999, it has continuously kept diners happy with the most authentic Japanese cuisine in South Jersey. Its dishes are made from the freshest ingredients, elegant designs and innovative cooking styles, topped off with friendly staff who really know and love their food. The menu offers a variety of sushi, from traditional maki, nigiri and sashimi to flavor-enriched shogayaki and daily chef’s specials. For those looking for something a bit warmer, there are hot pots, don buri, teriyaki, curries, noodles, and tempura dishes to name but a few. Mikado features elegant surroundings for a tantalizing dining experience.
Restaurant, American, Vegan, Vegetarian, Pastries, $
Ponzio’s is far more than your typical American diner. It has been a Cherry Hill institution for over 45 years, and the family is at the heart of the community, taking pride in giving residents and visitors the highest quality food, which has won them a whole host of awards over the years. The diner serves up breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as having a special dinner menu for Big Game days. The vast menu has something for everyone, with traditional diner dinners given something of a gourmet makeover, particularly their sandwiches and burgers. Those with a sweet tooth won’t be disappointed, with the bakery being worth a visit in itself, and the bar keeps the fun going long after you’ve had your fill of food.
Restaurant, Italian, Seafood, Vegan, Gluten-free, $
A multi-award winning restaurant, with accolades including the South Jersey Golden Fork, Best of South Jersey, Best Pizza, and Premiere Outdoor Dining, there is plenty that keeps critics and customers happy at Toscana. This family-owned restaurant prides itself on making delicious Italian cuisine, mixing traditional fare with some of the latest trends that are sweeping through the Italian culinary world. Their wine list mixes the best of their old and new home, with the Hopewell Valley Wines having grapes imported from Italy and bottled locally, making a perfect accompaniment to any meal. All of the menu specialties, such as crudo, fresh seafood, wood-grilled meats, homemade pasta, and seasonal desserts, are prepared and created by the restaurant’s master chefs from scratch every day.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.