If you need to blow off steam, Atlantic City has you covered. The New Jersey coastal resort is a favorite party destination, thanks to its plentiful casinos, bars and beaches. But all those good times can take their toll – and that’s where the spa hotel comes in. Roll straight from your bed to the pool, then ease your tired body with a soothing massage. From lash lifts to Thai bodywork, we’ve got the lowdown on the best spa hotels in Atlantic City, New Jersey, all bookable with Culture Trip.
You’ll feel your shoulders drop the moment you step into the airy, pillared reception of the Ocean Casino’s Exhale spa. Although it’s spread over 40,000sqft (3,700sqm), dimmed lights and dark furnishings lend an intimate atmosphere. In the Bathhouse you’ll find a jetted pool with a shimmering mosaic floor, an underlit hot tub and a Himalayan salt grotto, where dry, salt-infused air is said to improve health and mood. After your treatment – be it acupuncture, a lash lift or a customized facial – it’s just a short journey back to your sleek, minimalist room, where pillow top beds and spa-style bathrooms will have you in blissful slumber in no time.
Water babies will be in their element at this chic offshoot of the original Borgata Hotel and Spa. Just steps from its big sister, the 43-story hotel lives up to its name with an infinity dipping pool, outdoor pools with cocktail bars and an 80ft (24m) lap pool that forms part of the uber-chic Immersion Spa. Located on the 33rd floor, it’s worth visiting just for the views of the Atlantic, but it would be rude not to treat yourself while you’re there. We recommend the indulgent Lulur Bath Ritual, including a Balinese massage and a bath of essential oils.
Even the most dedicated hellraiser needs to recuperate from that hangover – and the private spa suite at this Boardwalk hotel is just the place to do it. Kick back and enjoy the Rock Spa’s signature Rhythm and Motion treatments, carried out on massage tables that ripple with amplified vibrations to send invigorating pulses through the body. Synchronicity is a similarly pulsating massage which aims to tap into memories; Smooth Operator promises to “retune the skin and rock the soul,” while the rejuvenating facial, Face the Music, will leave you with complete radiance.
An underlit, mosaic-tiled steam room; a changing area with marble top vanities; and oversized showers will have you feeling like royalty in no time at the Atlantic Palace hotel’s small-but-perfectly-formed Aqua spa. The hot stone massages, facials and pamper packages are ideal ways to treat yourself while staying in one of the studios or suites, which offer a home-from-home experience – assuming your home has its own whirlpool tub, that is. Show off your glow with a stroll along the beach or boardwalk close to the North Maine Avenue property.
For other Atlantic City stays, try out one of the best hotels in the city, bookable through Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.