Whether you want a luxurious resort in one of the Strip’s recognizable stays, or an affordable room in a convenient location, these are the best hotels near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway – bookable on Culture Trip.
The Las Vegas Strip might well be world famous, but the Neon Capital is known for a whole other kind of strip too. The Las Vegas Motor Speedway is one of America’s best-known dragstrips and hosts several NASCAR and NHRA events throughout the year. Located in Clark County, it’s just a short drive away from Vegas’s other big attractions and casino hotels. Finding a good place to stay can be a drag, so we’ve rounded up the best hotels near the Las Vegas Motor Speedway for you.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Got a need for speed? You’ll dig this motel, since you can be at the Motor Speedway in just three minutes by car or a mere 18 on foot. There’s not much to be said about the very basic decor and amenities, but it’s clean, tidy and extremely affordable – and you’ll never be late for a Motor Speedway event. If you’re wanting to stay as close to the race track as possible, this hotel is your best bet.
With comfy beds, homely furnishings and welcoming staff, this Comfort Inn & Suites is true to its name. The family-friendly hotel is just a short drive from Nellis Air Force Base and the glitz, glamour and gambling of the Las Vegas Strip. Plus it’s just eight minutes to the Motor Speedway. Guests can fuel up for a day of exploring with a complimentary hot breakfast and snacks from the on-site store.
If you’re looking for somewhere a little less OTT – not to mention less expensive – than the extravagant hotels on the Strip, Springhill Suites is a good alternative. Its lobby is still garishly colorful, but nothing compared to the Bellagio or the Wynn, while the rooms are more tastefully pared back. There’s a modest free breakfast buffet, which includes warm oatmeal with toppings, and a convenience store too. The real joy of this three-star hotel, though, is that it has its own quiet outdoor pool to help guests cool off from the Nevada heat.
Located in Aliante in the northern part of Las Vegas, this place might not be on the Strip but it has everything you’d expect from a hotel found there – and for a lower price. There’s a cinema, spa, nightclub, showroom, bingo hall and, of course, a casino – phew. Then there are the restaurants, of which there are eight to choose from. Go fancy with a meal of lobster, scallops and filet mignon at MRKT, or keep it down to earth with Italian favourites like chicken piccata at Bistro 57. A meal at the likes of Mexican joint The Salted Lime or T.G.I. Friday’s is a more casual affair, and anyone looking for a quick bite can hit up the food court.
You won’t get bored at this good-value hotel in north-west Las Vegas (about an 18-minute drive from the Motor Speedway). As well as a huge casino where you can gamble the night away, Santa Fe Station has a games room, a huge outdoor pool, a nightclub and even a bowling alley. There’s no danger of kids getting restless, as there’s plenty for them to do at the Kids Quest childcare center – which is open until a casino-friendly 1am on weekends. Once you’re all worn out, the hotel’s smart rooms, welcoming in autumnal colors, are just a few steps away.
A homely feel combined with high ceilings, chandeliers and very classy decor means a stay at the JW Marriott Las Vegas feels as though a generous millionaire has let you loose in their swanky mansion. And how can you not take advantage? Spend the day sunbathing around the gigantic waterfall pool, find total relaxation at the spa, and chow down on fancy fare at the upscale restaurants. Try the Las Vegas Roll sushi and the salt and pepper shrimp at Jade Asian Kitchen, and the filet and king crab legs surf ‘n’ turf at the Hawthorn Grill. When you’re ready to go out, get chauffeured (okay, a free shuttle) to the strip, or hop in your car and drive less than 25 minutes to the Motor Speedway.
For a more budget-friendly stay, La Quinta Inn & Suites is a solid choice. While some cheaper Vegas hotels can feel a bit staid, this one has slick, modern rooms with plenty of space. There’s a tasty breakfast buffet available every day, and the indoor pool and hot tub are a happy bonus. A great stay for car racing fans, the Motor Speedway is less than 10 minutes away by car.
You might not be a motorsports racer, but you may still have a car that you want to bring to Las Vegas with you – see the top hotels with free parking in the area. Or, for those wanting a bit more privacy, the Neon Capital is also home to vacation rental apartments, now bookable via Culture Trip. Las Vegas is a city like no other – still, discover quirky things to do or trips you can take to just out of town. Whatever you choose to do, you’ll find the restaurants serving national dishes irresistible.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.