Sin City, USA isn’t just about letting loose. It’s home to a variety of attractions suitable for all ages, like the world’s most famous wax museum. Here’s where to stay nearby – now bookable via Culture Trip.
Las Vegas was Madame Tussauds’ first venue in the US, and it’s constantly evolving with new features and exhibits. Set inside The Venetian hotel’s casino, you’ll get so close to Captain America in the Marvel 4D cinema experience that you’ll feel the wind from his shield. Not to mention the immersive rooftop bar based on the movie The Hangover, where you’ll sip cocktails with the Wolf Pack. We’ve rounded up a list of 10 hotels that are bookable on Culture Trip, many of which feature big-budget stage shows and cuisine from celebrity chefs, just to up the ante of Vegas entertainment.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
With more than 2,500 rooms, this mid-range mega-resort has a prime location on the Las Vegas Strip close to the Madame Tussauds, but with lower rates than many neighborhoods. Despite the good value, guests can expect newly renovated rooms as a massive redesign project was completed in 2020. There’s also an outdoor pool, casino, and nightly shows with resident entertainer Donny Osmond, as well as a hologram tribute to Whitney Houston – why not? The multiple dining options include a chef-driven marketplace with pan-Asian noodles and veggie burgers, plus a steakhouse, oyster bar, and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, to name just a handful.
This five-star luxury resort is located on the north end of the Strip. It’s a bit further from the action, but can’t be missed due to its striking copper hue. The expansive grounds include an 18-hole golf course, while inside there’s a magnificent glass atrium, an attractive casino, and three pools including a family complex, an adults-only, and private pool for the tower suites. Classy rooms have floor-to-ceiling windows and light and airy furnishings, plus spacious marble bathrooms with Molton Brown toiletries. There’s a standout buffet with more than a dozen cooking stations, as well as quality dining options that span the globe from Mexico to Hawaii, Italy to Japan. Not to mention the several upscale bars and entertainment venues, including a multimedia experience featuring a 90ft-high (27.4m) waterfall.
This recently renovated off-Strip hotel provides over 1,000 rooms in two towers, for those who seek contemporary decor at affordable prices. Try your hand at bingo or keno, or simply rent a cabana by the outside pool for a few hours. Dining and drinking options range from Starbucks to an Irish pub, while restaurants serve Northern Californian cuisine, Asian-Fusion, and a 24/7 oyster bar that’s popular with locals. Perhaps the best part is the free shuttle to the Strip, just five minutes away, as well as the airport – you’ll never need to hail a taxi.
Another off-Strip option is this much smaller boutique hotel, which has just 64 rooms for adults aged 21 and over. Rooms and common spaces come with dark furnishings and art reproductions, bolstering a party atmosphere. Many guests head for the small, topless outdoor pool, which has private cabanas and live entertainment, and then crank it up a notch in the nightclub that continues into the early hours. A gothic-style chapel is available for those who decide to tie the knot, but hopefully not following a chance meeting in the nightclub. Other features include a tapas restaurant serving seafood paellas, tacos, and pasta, plus a bar and lounge with regular happy hours. The Strip is easily accessed by taxi.
This mega-resort is a new addition to sister property, The Venetian – the home of Madame Tussauds – which is next door and separated by a shopping mall. The luxe all-suites Palazzo offers super spacious accommodation with separate living areas and soaking tubs. Kick back at the swanky Canyon Ranch Spa, or relax at 10 pools between the two properties. There’s also an impressive number of eating and drinking options featuring celebrity chefs like Thomas Keller, Wolfgang Puck and Emeril Lagasse, plus an ice bar and Tao Nightclub pulling in world-famous DJs – just be sure to dress up to get in.
About 10mi (16km) from Madame Tussauds, this quieter resort with 432 rooms is ideal for those who don’t mind being away from the hubbub of the Strip. Instead, guests are treated to an uncrowded casino, a large pool area with towering palm trees and mountain views, and a nearby golf club within walking distance. Simple rooms come with floor-to-ceiling windows, while suites have more space and tubs. There’s a fancy steakhouse and a classic Italian restaurant, while family-friendly activities include a movie theater and bowling alley. The nearby Tivoli Village offers open-air shopping and dining, and guests are an easy drive away from Red Rock Canyon.
Despite the name, this hotel is Hawaiian themed and is a solid mid-range option in downtown Las Vegas. There are 779 rooms and suites that were renovated in 2017 with contemporary interiors. The hotel’s casino was also spruced up, yet retains original touches like its classic coin-operated slot machines. There are two bars and four restaurants, including an Asian noodle house, a modern sports bar, and a Hawaiian restaurant that serves a popular oxtail soup. Other pros include a rooftop pool, fitness center, and free shuttles to the Strip.
Another downtown Las Vegas location, this one is hard to miss as it’s the tallest and splashiest building near the Fremont Street Experience mall and entertainment venue. It opened in late 2020 with 512 rooms, making it the first new hotel-casino to open in the area for decades. Youngsters flock here for its modern casino, six pools on three levels, outdoor projection screen showing sports, swim-up bars, day-beds, and chaise lounges. Rooms come with tablets and mini-fridges, while onsite dining includes a famous deli, a burger joint, a steakhouse, and a rooftop lounge with build-your-own old fashioneds.
This mid-range hotel is a good value, with 300 clean and modern rooms in relaxed surroundings a 10-minute drive from the Strip. There’s a large casino with plenty to keep gamers happy, while several restaurants and bars include a Mexican restaurant whipping up house-made tamales, a Cuban-themed cigar lounge, and quick eats from Starbucks, Burger King, and Subway. There’s also a pool, movie theater, nightclub and live music venue, which parents can enjoy solo by taking advantage of the kid’s club and babysitting services.
Discover more accommodation options in the heart of Las Vegas with the best hotels with a jacuzzi, or some family stays everyone will be pleased with – now bookable with Culture Trip. Check out our guide on the adventurous side of Sin City and uncover the quirky side of Las Vegas. Don’t forget to work up an appetite for those burgers and hot dogs at the best American restaurants in town.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.