While there may not be as many craft breweries in ‘The Silver State’ as there are in others, the craft brewery scene is growing rapidly, especially in Northern Nevada as is evident in this list. From restaurant-brewery combos to little joints producing small-batch brews, we’ve curated a list of some of the best breweries in Nevada, from Reno to Las Vegas. Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Bad Beat Brewing
Located in Henderson, Bad Beat Brewing has a fun, laid-back taproom where guests can hangout with friends and play some games whilst enjoying the crafted brews made on-site. Bad Beat offers a variety of year-round brews along with rotating and limited releases, ensuring that every beer lover will find something to quench their thirst. Some beers currently on tap include Hoppy Times (year-round), Smooth Call (imperial oat stout limited release), and Morning Pay Off (imperial breakfast stout — a specialty).
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Bad Beat Brewing, 7380 Eastgate Rd, #110, Henderson, NV, USA, +1 702 463 4199
Brasserie Saint James
Located in the heart of Midtown, Reno, on top of an active spring, Brasserie Saint James is a spacious venue offering handcrafted brews and delicious food. With plenty of indoor and outdoor seating (when the weather permits), guests have a nice, relaxing environment in which to sample the European-inspired and American dishes and, of course, beer made with the best raw ingredients available. An award-winning brewery, Brasserie Saint James’ current selections include Jamison’s Station (an English-style porter) and the Third Man (Belgian-style tripel).
CraftHaus Brewery situated in Henderson, is inspired by European breweries. Within an open space, complete with colorful furnishings, comfy small couches plus a lively atmosphere, guests can sample the tasty handcrafted brews, with currents highlights including the Rye IPA Tweaked, Old Fashioned, the Centerpiece (a Belgian seasonal sour), and the Any Which Way, IPA. The taproom also features large windows, providing views into where the action takes place.
CraftHaus Brewery, 7350 Eastgate Rd, #110, Henderson, NV, USA, +1 702 462 5934
IMBĪB Custom Brews
IMBĪB specializes in old-world barrel-aged brews. The brewery features a friendly taproom where guests can have a relaxing and fun night out while sampling IMBĪB’s tasty creations, which include current highlights such as Apricot American Sour, Black Raspberry Berliner, Mandarin Belgian Pale, and Ancho Chili Stout to name a few. IMBĪB does not serve food however, they often host food trucks plus food delivery. They also offer a membership club, classes and even custom orders.
IMBĪB, 785 E 2nd St, Reno, NV, USA, +1 775 470 5996
Pigeon Head Brewery
Pigeon Head Brewery is the place to go if you’re interested in lagers and seasonal ales. It features a laid-back vibe and rustic interior space, making it an ideal spot to relax with friends whilst drinking crafted brews like Red Rye Lager, a German-style lager with slight caramel notes, Black Lager, and Pilsner. The brewery also hosts food trucks.
Pigeon Head Brewery, 840 E 5th St, Reno, NV, USA, +1 775 276 6766
Silver Peak Restaurant & Brewery
With two locations in Reno — one in Midtown and the other in Downtown — Silver Peak Restaurant and Brewery is a popular place. The menus — lunch, dinner, dessert, and kid’s — have something that will delight the entire family, from sandwiches to entrées to pizza. As for the handcrafted brews, adults will find choices such as the XXX Blonde, Le Saison with a hint of citrus and banana, and the Cream Ale.
The Depot Craft Brewery Distillery
Tucked inside a charming three-story brick building from the early 1900s, The Depot Craft Brewery Distillery is an establishment that is all about looking to the past and resurrecting brewing methods and techniques that many don’t use today. The brewery serves everything from American ales and extra pale ales to Belgian-style ales and more. The Depot is also a distillery, creating its own whiskey, bourbon, gin and vodka. As for food, guests can expect handcrafted meals made using quality seasonal ingredients, including those from local sources.
The Depot Craft Brewery Distillery, 325 E 4th St, Reno, NV, USA, +1 775 737 4330
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.