Take time out from the Strip’s glamorous casinos, top restaurants and 24-hour entertainment and retreat to one of Las Vegas’s spectacular hotel pools, where swimmers, families and party animals can cool off in the desert heat.
Known for their wildly hedonistic nightclubs, extravagant once-in-a-lifetime shows and lavish all-night casinos, it’s hardly surprising Las Vegas hotels have showstopping pools, too. From giant family-friendly complexes to adult-only day clubs, these extraordinary pools offer far more than a chaise lounge by the water, with top DJs, floating blackjack tables and even shark aquariums adding a Vegas sparkle to a quick dip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Perhaps the most iconic of all the mega-hotels in Vegas, this 1960s property wows with its extravagant spaces, very own shopping mall and a baffling array of restaurants. Naturally, the Caesars pool complex is equally opulent, with Roman-themed pools complete with statues and waterfalls, swanky cabanas equipped with misting, cooling fans and a pool reserved just for partying. There’s even a swim-up blackjack table because hey, this is Vegas, baby…
A grown up and sophisticated alternative to the brasher hotels on the Strip, this chic property is part of the vast Park MGM Resort but feels more like a European boutique hotel. Rooms are tasteful and stylish with velvet window seats, original artwork and freestanding bathtubs, while even the casino has a striking Tiffany glass ceiling. The pool is just as classy, based on the gorgeous Jardin Majorelle in Marrakech and offering low-slung day sofas and a menu of frozen cocktails and oysters.
This central hotel was a Vegas legend long before the celebrity chefs and musical megastars moved in. Opened in 1941, the property was recently refurbished but still embraces its retro kitsch throughout with neon pink accents and flamingos aplenty. Outside, a wildlife area featuring the eponymous birds themselves leads to a family-friendly Beach Club Pool with a café, palm trees and fountains. The nearby Go Pool is strictly for over-21s instead, with big-name DJs, VIP cabanas and an all-day party vibe.
Even by Vegas standards, the Golden Nugget is faithfully dedicated to good times. A Downtown institution since 1946, the hotel has been recently refurbished to include a jaw-dropping pool complex costing a whopping $30 million (£22.8 million). So, naturally guests can fly down a 30-foot (9m) waterslide through a 200,000-gallon (750,000-liter) shark tank aquarium, splash under waterfalls or retire to the poolside blackjack table. Adults seeking calm may prefer to take refuge at the Hideout’s quieter infinity pool for over-21s only.
A hushed non-gaming haven within the colossal Mandalay Bay Resort, Four Seasons offers a more tranquil Vegas experience. Neon and pool parties are discreetly replaced here with polished marble floors, soothing colors and a quiet palm-fringed pool for afternoon snoozes and undisturbed sun-seeking. Chilled water, frozen fruit skewers and spritzes of cooling Evian are all complimentary. When you’re ready to up the pace, guests can also access Mandalay Bay next door with its lazy river ride, three pools and real sand beach.
There’s more to Vegas than the roulette table. Ten miles (16km) from the Strip at the gateway to the spectacular Red Rock Canyon, this large casino resort is ideal for families who want to experience the sculptural sandstone wilderness beyond the city. There’s also plenty to do without even leaving the resort, with a cinema, 72-lane bowling alley, cyber quest arcade and three-acre (1.2ha) pool area with lounger service, café, private cabanas and poolside blackjack.
Poolside lounging and post-spa relaxing are the main focus at the M Resort, located 15 miles (24km) from the Strip and renowned for its top-notch wellness complex. The pool complex covers a 100,000 square-foot (9,290-square-meter) area with two heated infinity pools, two large hot tubs and plenty of daybeds, but the seasonal adults-only pool club attracts the biggest crowds with its ice-railed bar, raucous pool parties and weekend DJs.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.