Located just outside of Boston, Framingham is an old city in eastern Massachusetts with a rich history. Today, it is considered one of the best places to live within the United States. Whether you’re looking to settle here or are simply passing through, there is a lot of delicious food to enjoy in this city. From Greek to Brazilian to classic American fare, Framingham’s culinary scene is bound to satisfy any palate.
John Harvard’s Brew House
John Harvard’s is a great casual spot to sample an extensive selection of beers. You can also order from a multitude of menu options, including salads and comfort foods like pot pies. The unpretentious atmosphere makes it an ideal spot for enjoying an evening with friends. For something unique, try John Harvard’s award-winning blueberry ale, cucumber ale, or harvest spice beer, which comes with flavored sugar around the brim. Otherwise, consider getting a flight for a full experience of the phenomenal variety of brews on tap. John Harvard’s Brew House changes its selections based on the season, and partakes in relevant festivities like St. Patrick’s Day and Oktoberfest.
Sichuan Gourmet serves renowned Chinese cuisine. In fact, some would argue that the Chinese food at Sichuan Gourmet is even better than what you might find in Boston’s Chinatown. From spicy lamb to steamy dumplings served in a bamboo container, you can expect an unrivalled level of authenticity. There is a good selection of both spicy and mild menu items, depending on what you’re looking for. You may also find more daring dishes like duck tongue if you’re feeling adventurous. The food is served promptly and service is exceptional. Whatever you choose, Sichuan Gourmet is likely to keep you coming back.
Sichuan Gourmet, 271 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA, USA, +1 508 626 0347
Legal Sea Foods
Legal Sea Foods features a dimmed, old-fashioned atmosphere, and a menu with a plethora of seafood options: from smoked salmon to fried clam strips, whole lobster and marinated sashimi. What all of these dishes have in common is that they are extremely fresh and flavorful. The interior also includes a large aquarium display. If some among you do not particularly enjoy seafood, there are tasty alternatives like steak. Additionally, Legal Sea Foods offers some pretty exceptional sides worth mentioning, like roasted squash with cranberries, which goes perfectly with a mild fish. Pair any choice with a variety of excellent wines. For dessert, indulge in some decadent bon bons. Legal Sea Foods is a lovely spot for any occasion.
Legal Sea Foods, 50 Worcester Rd, Framingham, MA, USA, +1 508 766 0600
Terra Brasilis serves Brazilian barbecue with a hefty emphasis on succulent meats, all at an affordable price. Meals are priced by weight and generally cost less that $20. If you’re looking to try something new, order the chicken hearts, which come served on skewers as are paired with authentic buffet style Brazilian side dishes, which mainly consist of vegetables and starches like collard greens, yucca, plantains and rice. Terra Brasilis attracts locals and Brazilians alike. The restaurant’s interior is relaxed and unpretentious, so feel free to roll up your sleeves and dig in. Take note that there is a whopping 30% discount for night owls who dine after 9pm.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Terra Brasilis at Waverly St, 264 Waverly St, Framingham, MA, USA, +1 508 665 6740
Terra Brasilis at Union Ave, 94 Union Ave, Framingham, MA, USA, +1 508 620 9354
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.